Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I vote for hot over the log 1-2 or 3 cuts.
Its easier for old farts like me if we dont have to bend over :).
Probably easier for anyone wanting to try for the first time too.

I vote for 100 yd run through mud with mandatory head first slide (ala Pete Rose, aka Charlie Hustle) into a saw with no bar and chain, put bar and chain on saw, start saw, finish Aussie style (bore cut in, then down, then up to finish the cut) but left handed. All done with PPE of course.

Tundra

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have been asked by mill for an approximate amount of cants so they can put back enough poplar. May be poplar, pine and whatever decent wood we can get enough of. So please let me know who is coming and what saws you plan on running, so I can get a good guess on how many cants to order. Once again the more the merrier.

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My first time there, barely any of the guys busted my balls for showing up with work saws, stock semi chisel chain amd a 28" and 32" bars
They hooked me up with 16" bars and race chains and even ran them for me.

They told me my saws were fast and them ran circles around them with thier own worn out chains :zpong:

If any of you Guys need a saw to run i have a few fast ones i dont mind loaning out for the day
What kind of saw you loaning out? Have any fast small ones? Maybe couple extra chains also.

Tundra

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since this GTG is pretty much just cutting in can't I don't think we'll have the large crowd of some other gtg, but I'm hopeful to have @30 guys that wanna race. I think it's somewhere @20 that say they are coming now.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of saw you loaning out? Have any fast small ones? Maybe couple extra chains also.
I can bring along a half dozen ported 064, 066, and ms660s. Could set them all up with 16" bars and factory square ground chains.
In fact if you wanted to try your hand at filing, i could mail loops out ahead if time.
There will be some guys there that are "somewhat familiar" with how chains work :D:p:eek::cool::)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I vote for 100 yd run through mud with mandatory head first slide (ala Pete Rose, aka Charlie Hustle) into a saw with no bar and chain, put bar and chain on saw, start saw, finish Aussie style (bore cut in, then down, then up to finish the cut) but left handed. All done with PPE of course.
how the hell am I gonna run the obstacle course with the glass showcase I keep my saws in?
and if I need a pit crew to help me install my bar and chain, do they have to run the gauntlet as well?
will there be fresh warm towels?
so many questions...

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can bring along a half dozen ported 064, 066, and ms660s. Could set them all up with 16" bars and factory square ground chains.
In fact if you wanted to try your hand at filing, i could mail loops out ahead if time.
There will be some guys there that are "somewhat familiar" with how chains work :D:p:eek::cool::)
64, 66 to big for myself. You have any 40cc race saws?
What pitch and guage chain do I need. Walmart has there chain on sale here, and I could pick up couple loops. They would be new, so no need to file them.
Thank you again