Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She be my favorite model saw ever
This one was a junk saw, done LOTS of work, every second thread stripped, etc etc.

I used a Lilredbarn 52mm top end, filled the lower transfers as they were much bigger than I wanted, Bing carb running a .82mm main jet ported to 99/122/80 with big deep fingers.

Pipe in software generated with its inlet custom shaped to the exhaust port shape for zero flow resistance on the out or reverse pulse.

its getting dusty next weekend.

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5584.JPG

Evan03

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man that is badass. What are you tigging with?

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
She be my favorite model saw ever
This one was a junk saw, done LOTS of work, every second thread stripped, etc etc.

I used a Lilredbarn 52mm top end, filled the lower transfers as they were much bigger than I wanted, Bing carb running a .82mm main jet ported to 99/122/80 with big deep fingers.

Pipe in software generated with its inlet custom shaped to the exhaust port shape for zero flow resistance on the out or reverse pulse.

its getting dusty next weekend.

View attachment 121544

View attachment 121545

View attachment 121546
:babeando:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is this oh six four doing as well as the flat top 066 you speak of. I find it interesting you used the lrb kit. How did you like it? I have been very impressed with every part ive bought from them and the sister name performance saw supply. Everything has been top notch ive gotten. Alot of times ive seen ports in better spots then oem and have some of the oem issues fixed also. Do you have any pictures of the insides of your kit before and after porting?

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have actually sold the 064 to a friend.
Currently working on a 66 build.
No pics sorry but I did have issues with the spark plug hole being far too deep. It had double the threads and the spark plug end sat up inside the head of the cylinder.
I had to have it milled down so the spark actually was exposed to the combustion chamber.
Numbers were not great at around 94/120/85 ish
I took a lot off the base and used a 281 piston to improve the exhaust timing to 99*. I had to fill the intake.
The one great thing about the cylinder was it didnt have a plated squish band so that was the only thing that saved it from the bin.
Plating and quality otherwise was excellent.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice build and thank you for answering my questions. Thats a odd thing to have the plug hole not machines/counterbored properly. Ive never seen that on any aftermarket kits. I have actually used one of the 064 kits from lrb and my numbers stock with their piston was 101 120 76 i wonder why yours was like that. Im quite sure she is a runner after you finished her up. After decking the jug that much it had to be blowing upwards of 240. The one i had from them was 195 no gasket with .018 squish. Customer was very happy when i finished still says it runs stringer now than when he bought it new in the late 80s. Another question for you mate..... Does the 281 piston have a shorter crown height? Rings in better places or single ring over the intake?

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow... missed this.... sorry Smokey7.
281 piston in an 064 is same as a 288 piston in an 066.
Piston is same height physically but sits 1mm (.040) lower on the wrist pin.
I used it to raise exhaust and transfers with little to no change to intake which gave better numbers for the crap cylinder I ended up with.
Also single 1.5mm ring which is nice.
I wouldnt use one again..... Ive learnt much since 2018