High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

O29 Chain Stretch or wrong chain

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Every time I go buy a chain the salesman sales me a chain I take it home it will work fine for a few days than max out on the adjustment threaten my sprocket and go buy new chain. Is that chain stretching or the bar wore down? The last time I didn't even get to sharpen the thing. My salesman loves me.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are you running .325 or 3/8s and is the bar getting plenty of oil?

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like chain 'stretch'.

What brand of chain?

Have you tried buying a loop 1 drive link (DL) shorter (will it fit)?

Have you asked the salesman if he can spin out (remove) 1 link on the 'stretched' chains?

Philbert

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excessive rapid stretch makes me think of oil not getting where it should. I'd check if oil is spraying from the bar tip under operation. Pics of stretched chain & drive sprocket may assist in helping.

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Should have a DL count on the bar, and that's what you should be buying
Answer #1 I am pretty sure 3/8 do not have in front of me. #2 I always take the bar off and clean the chips with air and run to make sure the oiler is working. #3 I am not sure of the brand but yea I did ask to take a link out a few time ago but no answer I never had to befor. #4 this sprocket is new and the chain is like new. But the bar is about 15 years old and about 10 years ago ice storm landed alot of black walnut and I was selling fire wood like crazy for about 5 years. I switched saw shops and wandering if the bar can ware that much?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Answer #1 I am pretty sure 3/8 do not have in front of me. #2 I always take the bar off and clean the chips with air and run to make sure the oiler is working. #3 I am not sure of the brand but yea I did ask to take a link out a few time ago but no answer I never had to befor. #4 this sprocket is new and the chain is like new. But the bar is about 15 years old and about 10 years ago ice storm landed alot of black walnut and I was selling fire wood like crazy for about 5 years. I switched saw shops and wandering if the bar can ware that much?
What length bar do you have and how many DL chain?

Probly just need to take a link out and be done with it.

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What length bar do you have and how many DL chain?

Probly just need to take a link out and be done with it.
Or find one of the older chain boxes because I did not realize one company's chain can make a difference. But can the bars ware down at all? I think this last one is a oregon and longer and the older ones where just right. 20 inch bar.

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had the same problem with my dolmar. Chain stretching every time. Found out that the oiler only suplied oil for a minute or 3 when i had the oil plug off and on by a obstructed oiltank vent hole.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an Oregon replacement bar on my Dolkita. It calls for 72 drive links but they are always too long. I took a link out of my chains and it works now but I could have went 2 links. My sprocket is basically new

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will get pics tomorrow. And my sprocket is still in good shape, no ware. And I swear I took the bar off and ran it good to make sure the oiler was working good. I tried to find the chain the other night no luck. I have just been using the old Homelite. But tomorrow I will get more details. It seems to me that it did start when I put a new sprocket, but my saw shop kept selling me sprocket and chain. I thought he knew. But it could be my bad.

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes check everything real close. It's real easy to get the wrong chain/bar combination. 029 can run .325 or 3/8 chain so long as the bar, sprocket and chain all match.

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes check everything real close. It's real easy to get the wrong chain/bar combination. 029 can run .325 or 3/8 chain so long as the bar, sprocket and chain all match.
Thanks men. Had a good man come over and determine I have a 3/8 bar and .325 chain. My thinking 3/8 = .325 not .375. My bad.