Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spent a little more than an hour out in the blowing snow working with neighbours to clear the snow. Some guys are too eager and we're going to have to do it again as it is still falling / blowing...

Thats when you make yourself a cocktail and channel your inner Ron White and start chit talking about the futilely of their actions.

Last edited:

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Jason! When you refinished your headlights did you wet sand and use rubbing compound with a buffer attachment or did you use a kit? I gotta do mine and wanna know what to grab.

——————————
Used a Meguiar’s Heavy Duty Kit that I’ve had. Yes to the wet sanding first...kit has a 3” P1000 grit pad and a P3000 grit pad that hook and loops onto a hand scrubbing pad attachment, clean left to right with the 1000 grit pad, then up and down with the 3000 grit pad, keeping the surface wet with a spray bottle of water, wiping dry btwn grit changes. Then use the buffer pad that goes into a corded/cordless drill with the PlastX cleaner and polishing cream. After a couple of runs with the buffing pad, wiping it off before it dries on, apply a couple of coats of the UV Protectant. Can tape off and do a set of headlights in an hour. And your done with ‘em. Plenty of kits out there, some a third of the price as others, and will give you the same results as the highe priced ones. This kit was $20 a year or so ago, this is the third set of headlights it’s done.

View attachment 219205

Awesome, I'll be picking up that kit! I appreciate it, I gotta do my mother's as well so kit it is. I did them about 2 years ago and tinted over them so I gotta bring the old tint up too, it's starting to flake. And that's cool about the @Czed motor oil trick, never knew that, good to know and keep as a back up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome, I'll be picking up that kit! I appreciate it, I gotta do my mother's as well so kit it is. I did them about 2 years ago and tinted over them so I gotta bring the old tint up too, it's starting to flake. And that's cool about the @Czed motor oil trick, never knew that, good to know and keep as a back up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have to wet sand that tint/layer off, might wanna pick up some more 1000, 3000 grit pads if they have them locally, I’m sure the auto part stores do. Might be wise to go with 800 or so grit pads to begin with going after that tint layer...you’ll just have to see how the kit pads work and maybe re-group.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:09 AM