ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Combination of a couple of kits:

Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque (FAT) Wrench, 10-65 in/lb to tighten proper torque for receiver/base screws and scope ring screws...

Wheeler Professional Reticle Leveling System (the $40 machined aluminum clamp-style kit, not to be confused with the worthless two-piece plastic housed, bubble-level system they sell for about $14). As long as you have the receiver/bore of the rifle absolutely level and can ensure that it stays clamped level, in place of a reticle leveling system, you can use a plumb bob with a little heavier/thicker line mounted a few inches off a wall. With the scope about 6-8 ft away from the wall and the eyepiece end of the scope pointed at the plumb line, shine a flashlight through the objective end (barrel end) of the scope. In a low lit room, this casts your crosshairs from the objective end through the eyepiece end onto the wall (crank the scope down near the lowest power, adjust power til crosshair/reticle are fairly focused) and check the vertical crosshair against the plumb line and rotate scope as needed, then tighten down and torque the rings to their torque specs.

Boresight all with an older Bushnell Boresight Kit with various caliber arbors from the early 80’s, but I’ve got a couple of XAegis Boresight Kits with 16 different caliber arbors as well. Same type/style kits as the old school Bushnell kit. Never cared to boresight with these new-age laser boresighter kits with the small machine screw/rubber grommet end attachments...they’re junk in my book. I can boresite by eye at 75/100 yds after removing the bolt from a gun and looking back and forth down the bore then through the scope and adjusting, and get much closer to the bull than the laser junk out there.

I’ll shoot you some pics tomorrow of what I use.
Thanks

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ceaae0ef4801bd4ee66765e8c197662c.gif

ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning saw sluts.
Six inches of snow so far, which is a good thing, being it's The World Championship Snowmobile Derby weekend and all. Lots of sleds riding around the trails.
Steve how long would it take you to get over to Eagle River from your house on a sled? My last sled I bought used was from Trackside across the street from the track that would have been the winter of 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.