cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What up knuckleheads...
Work. Visited the folks. Dinner with my almost driving daughter. She said some kid from her old school four years ago contacted her out of the blue requesting "pics". She told me she couldn't tell me all of the words in her response. I want to ask but I'll settle for being proud. You?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Work. Visited the folks. Dinner with my almost driving daughter. She said some kid from her old school four years ago contacted her out of the blue requesting "pics". She told me she couldn't tell me all of the words in her response. I want to ask but I'll settle for being proud. You?
Mounted/boresighted a scope on another Weatherby earlier, kicking back watching a little tv...in typical fashion a bunch of damn nothing across 90 plus channels. Time to look at Netflix I suppose, see if any new animal documentaries on.

ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mounted/boresighted a scope on another Weatherby earlier, kicking back watching a little tv...in typical fashion a bunch of damn nothing across 90 plus channels. Time to look at Netflix I suppose, see if any new animal documentaries on.
What tool kit do you have for mounting scopes? I need to buy one.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening guys,
For awhile I’ve been thinking of getting square filed chains for my saws, at least some of them.
I’ve done a tad research after bars in Europe, we can get Sugis 15, 16, 18, 20’’ K095, but only as 058ga.
That led me to ask Oregon if they still produce 73CL chains. Any of your chain maniacs know?
Hey Tor not sure on the 73cl but I run 73lgx. Did you find out if the still do?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What tool kit do you have for mounting scopes? I need to buy one.
Combination of a couple of kits:

Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque (FAT) Wrench, 10-65 in/lb to tighten proper torque for receiver/base screws and scope ring screws...

Wheeler Professional Reticle Leveling System (the $40 machined aluminum clamp-style kit, not to be confused with the worthless two-piece plastic housed, bubble-level system they sell for about $14). As long as you have the receiver/bore of the rifle absolutely level and can ensure that it stays clamped level, in place of a reticle leveling system, you can use a plumb bob with a little heavier/thicker line mounted a few inches off a wall. With the scope about 6-8 ft away from the wall and the eyepiece end of the scope pointed at the plumb line, shine a flashlight through the objective end (barrel end) of the scope. In a low lit room, this casts your crosshairs from the objective end through the eyepiece end onto the wall (crank the scope down near the lowest power, adjust power until crosshair/reticles are fairly focused) and check the vertical crosshair against the plumb line and rotate scope as needed, then tighten down and torque the rings to their torque specs.

Boresight everything with an older Bushnell Boresight Kit with various caliber arbors from the early 80’s, but I’ve got a couple of XAegis Boresight Kits each with 16 different caliber arbors as well. Same type/style kits as the old school Bushnell kit. Never cared to boresight with these new-age laser boresighter kits with the small machine screw/rubber grommet end attachments...they’re junk in my book. As far as bolt-action guns, I can boresite by eye at 75/100 yds after removing the bolt from a gun and looking back and forth down the bore then through the scope and adjusting, and get much closer to the bullseye than the laser stuff out there.

I’ll shoot you some pics tomorrow of what I use.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
clutch-jpg.789419

Status
Not open for further replies.