Not so wicked work saws

Trader history (0)

dixiepipes

OPE Member
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So here’s the deal. Nearly 2 years of build time in the “wicked shop” to build a piped 084. And the saw is junk. After a few tuning cuts here in washington the cylinder splits in half. In an attempt to make the log show in 2 days we weld it up with no success. Numerous calls to terry and no answers or call backs.

dixiepipes

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would think that for the price of the build. (Wasent cheep) and the time it took (2 years) that the saw would last more than 6 cuts and have some quality porting. I’m no idiot when it comes to saws. The best thing on this is the Bertrand’s pipe. The cylinder split because the 2 piece head was a press fit! All I can say to anyone reading this is make sure you know your builders capabilities!

dixiepipes

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This post wouldn’t exist if he would have just returned a call. He was going to be given a chance to make it rite. Unfortunately you do bad business you get crappy reviews. The owner of this saw will be headed to Tennessee next week for a face to face.

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the first time I've mentioned openly my experience with WWS.

Terry boned the freakinhell outa me a few years ago on a pretty sweet 038MII I'd sent him.

I never mentioned it on AS (this was pre-OPE days) and don't know if I even still have the pics or not but when I tell you he boned me it was so over-the-top F'd up that I figured no one would ever believe me (he was a favored builder there back then).

In any other world what he did would be considered criminal, and I've gotta say, any time a WWS saw comes up for sale here it's all I can do to keep my mouth shut.

Thanks entirely to a few guys here and another builder, the 038MII that Terry sent me in place of mine is well on its' way to being a great saw and the one that will rank tops on my sentimental list.

They took something that made me want to step out of who I am to exact "justice" on TL, and turned it into something that instead focused my attention on how fkucing awesome a handful of relative strangers can be and the good that lives in most people.

I'll have that saw back one day soon, and while the vomit in my mouth from that experience with TL will come, it'll be short lived and replaced by something so much greater than a fully restored and modded saw (which it is now), it'll be replaced by the spirit of everyone who had their hand in it's resurrection.

I'm guessing the OP is no longer coming around here anymore, but if he could hear that he's in good company and that he's not the only one who got shafted, and though it wouldn't help much at least looking at his pics I'd say he got off pretty easy compared to what TL did to me, I'd say he or anyone else who had such an experience with TL absolutely has the right to have a little face time with him.

Parting word of advice, take as many pics as possible and leave identifying marks on your saw before sending it off. Not that it'll change anything, but at least you'll have something to show everyone in the off chance what you get back isn't what you were expecting let alone what you sent.

Oooof...

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember having pm conversations about that 038 on AS while experiencing my own frustrations.

I too had an unpleasant experience with TL. It was a while back so I've begun to forget/move on from all the specifics. Basically, I sent a P/C for him to port, he told me on the phone 4/6 weeks turn around (this was Nov'14). After a very lengthy, patient wait, I finally tried in many ways to make contact with him. I had a bit of smoke blown up my azz a few times till I wised up. At this point all my calls, emails, PM's etc were ignored even though he was actively posting of the forum. It finally took me digging up and quoting an old thread on AS where he was boasting of excellent communication to get a reply. And at that point I just wanted out. I began to have many guys reach out to me via PM telling similar and worse experiences (see 038 above). They were all worried to go public for fear of backlash. My parts were eventually sent back, untouched. Communication was horrible, mostly non-existent.
In my experience, I'd say stay clear of WWS.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 562xp built by terry, the muffler mod he did left small holes all over the muffler, which got me in trouble with the usfs on a timber sale i was cutting at the time. I was pissed about the workmanship so called terry and he said send back the saw and i will send you a like new ported ms361. So i did the trade and that saw ran like garbage. That 361 got sold and that was the end of my dealings with tlandrum

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unfortunate that some people choose to do poor quality work and screw their customers around. Sounds like you all gave him plenty of chances.