Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they said

Everybody is using it why not make it legal so we can tax it

Sent from Hoskey Hills

That makes a lot of sense to me. Just like cigarettes and booz. WTF was prohibition about anyways?

Not being able to get revenue from homemade liquor was the driving force IMO.

Look at the gub'ment revenues generated from taxing tobacco, booz and fuel.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Morning All / Evening Todd.

Looking at the weather is depressing me... 19f to start with a high of 39. At least we are expecting some sun today...
Good morning Gary hope the weather isn’t to crappy yet.How long do you think it will be before you see any snow

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Gary hope the weather isn’t to crappy yet.How long do you think it will be before you see any snow

We have seen some already but none that will stay. Funniest thing is that tomorrow the forecast high is 16C!!! We normally don't see snow that stays until the second week of November and often more like beginning of December. Who knows what this crazy weather year will bring...

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
We have seen some already but none that will stay. Funniest thing is that tomorrow the forecast high is 16C!!! We normally don't see snow that stays until the second week of November and often more like beginning of December. Who knows what this crazy weather year will bring...
It was 7°c this morning until it warmed up unheard of temperatures for this time of the year

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been trying to figure out for months how I feel about today and I think when I get right down to it, I just don't care.

As of today recreational purchase and use of pot is legal in Canada. Some say this is a degradation of society, others call it a blow against organized crime. Me, I just see it as another way for the Gov't to screw something up.

Sorry for the brief "political ramblings", now back to you regularly scheduled program...

We can thank prohibition for creating an entire society of motorheads. The spirit of racing and invention was cultivated by necessity back then.

I don't know what we'll get out of a bunch of potheads, but I guess we'll see, Gary.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Explain
Wouldn't a ancient graveyard stop the
New road you want to stop?

I am pretty sure the ancient grave yard is on the alternate route that he was hoping for. Will likely now take another look at the route that directly affects him.
that is correct.

Our biggest problem so far is actually our local newspaper, they've had a story each day to lead readers in a certain direction, I belive the journalist has personal interests since most of their news report ain't close to the reality, they're building up a case to set people up against each other to say it that way.
That said, me looking forward to post a piece myself in the newspaper, wont be pretty, not gone go personal against people, simple facts, and question the agenda to their journalists.

Sorry to everyone for my ranting

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning! 34°/36°F

Any of you guys ever cut up a scooter pipe to fit a saw?
@bikemike has.

I have been trying to figure out for months how I feel about today and I think when I get right down to it, I just don't care.

As of today recreational purchase and use of pot is legal in Canada. Some say this is a degradation of society, others call it a blow against organized crime. Me, I just see it as another way for the Gov't to screw something up.

Sorry for the brief "political ramblings", now back to you regularly scheduled program...

Meh no fun if its legal.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that is correct.

Our biggest problem so far is actually our local newspaper, they've had a story each day to lead readers in a certain direction, I belive the journalist has personal interests since most of their news report ain't close to the reality, they're building up a case to set people up against each other to say it that way.
That said, me looking forward to post a piece myself in the newspaper, wont be pretty, not gone go personal against people, simple facts, and question the agenda to their journalists.

Sorry to everyone for my ranting
Rant on man:sifone:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it puts an end to the human carnage by our border with Mexico, then legalization will have done something good.

Unfortunately, I believe that war rages due to cocaine and opiates. Watched a documentary about entire areas as large as counties in Mexico that are basically under the jurisdiction of drug lords.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Driving drunk they give you a breathalyzer...driving high do the have a test system for it?

There is a road side oral swab test that can be conducted but not every cruiser will have them like a breathalizer. They really are going back to old school road side impairment testing methods. Same ones used before breathalizers where common place.

If it puts an end to the human carnage by our border with Mexico, then legalization will have done something good.

Cartels are well prepared for this change in Canada. Illicit pot is running about $5/gr on the street and Legal starts about 9 right now. Lots of different varieties to be available but the budget $7/gr stuff is in short supply and not delivered to any stores locally yet. They have been handing out free Meth to get people hooked for close to a year. We have seen Meth usage up 300+% and Meth related crime through the roof.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let's not forget the lengths some will go to just to smuggle narcotics.

Little comic relief...

EDIT: Maybe too many swear words... YT search Life Movie - Ass Sniffer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.