Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Al
Yes the crank and lower rod journal are badly pitted.I an in no rush for parts,i have about 8 projects in boxes.I thought i had everything for a Mc70 when i got bearings and seals for this one.I got enough for 2 saws.Turned out that the Mc70 has a bigger bearing on the PTO side then the Mc101.So i packed it all back up again as i wait for the bearing guy to get me some non Chinese bearings.

Lee H i will see what it measures out.Had a piston from a PM 275 handy it fit nice in the jug,the PM390 piston makes the 101 piston look small.

John it will run again... some day. I did get a 125 engine in Mc20 dressing that could be used,but there has been work done on the 101 block,so it would be a waste to not try using it.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW I have the master interchange books from Bearings Inc that cross reference just about any bearing or seal ever made .Any more no matter which brand you can't tell if it's USA made or otherwise .slacker used to be all USA
One of the McCulloch I worked on ,might have been a 125 or SP 850 had Japanese bearing in it which surprised me .
At any rate most are easy to find and some,especially Stihl are a tad bit hard to find .Further more with company buy outs and consolidations it's hard to know who owns what now .
One of my many projects is resurecting a Mac 1000 which in reality is a Partner P100 .Using the Partner stock numbers it's just about a wash but using the Mac IPL I found them .I'm not going to pay E-bay prices at 35 bucks a seal .--more---

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
---I have a few IPL's for kart engines but not the MC 70 .However most kart engines started out as chainsaw engines with some modifications added .The question being which one ?I've had some luck gathering info from vintage kart forums .Some of the info however might be incorrect,typos etc .Regarding that bearing and seal,if your bearing guy gets stumped if I had the stock number and manufacturer I could give it a shot .Might find it might not .