Northeast Cold Spell

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are we all enjoying these low temps up here in the Northeast? Suppose it could be more than just the Northeast too. But we are looking at 2 straight weeks of single digit temps, at least for the overnights. Going through a lot of wood here. Combination of the cold temps and the fact that the store is closed this week and I'm home to keep feeding the good ole Quadra-Fire. But I got plenty of wood and this is why we cut it. 8 degrees outside and 72 in the living room. Going out to get a couple arm loads for the night and that's it. You guys all staying warm? :)

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cold here, got a new Clayton at the end of last year's heating season. Didn't get to feel it out very good so I put up the same amount of wood as I'd used with old furnace... Im hoping to have wood enough to get through February. I'm usually a year ahead on wood but my father in-law hurt his back so I sent 15 face cord to him:bash:. We'll be warm for awhile, I don't look forward to burning oil if I run short

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank God for seasoned firewood. Ive been burning a ton of wood hoping I don't have to tap into next years supply. Two much snow on all the seasonal roads.Still have a few areas to walk into and sled some wood out if need be. Would like to be out cuttin but not in these temps.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm doing my best to keep warm. Got a small Shenandoah wood stove going in the basement and running the oil boiler as I continue to work on hooking up a new Froling wood boiler and storage tank. Cant get it done fast enough.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank God for seasoned firewood. Ive been burning a ton of wood hoping I don't have to tap into next years supply. Two much snow on all the seasonal roads.Still have a few areas to walk into and sled some wood out if need be. Would like to be out cuttin but not in these temps.

Same here. Planned to do some cutting during the holiday week off. But with this cold I've bagged it all week. It's not going anywhere and it's all for next year, so no reason to push it. Might go out and throw a few chips tomorrow, cause I finally finished a 480CD project. But I won't be out there for long!

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Same here. Planned to do some cutting during the holiday week off. But with this cold I've bagged it all week. It's not going anywhere and it's all for next year, so no reason to push it. Might go out and throw a few chips tomorrow, cause I finally finished a 480CD project. But I won't be out there for long!
If My boiler was done and the snow wasn't a factor for me I would be out cutting.

Did you do a thread on the 480? I picked one up, probably going to get a new top end. At least a new ring.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Lopi has been running steady for over a month now. Nice and toasty inside.
Good news is I already cut way more than I will burn this winter. lol
I always try to stay one step ahead.
I do have plenty of trees to cut, but not feeling motivated at single digit temps with below zero wind chills. I will wait a bit to cut.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If My boiler was done and the snow wasn't a factor for me I would be out cutting.

Did you do a thread on the 480? I picked one up, probably going to get a new top end. At least a new ring.

Sorry, but a dead camera resulted in no thread on the 480. 480's use the same top end as the L77. 52mm 272 rings will work in these saws. Base gaskets still available also.

It's a minus 8 degree morning here. And this coming week is looking a lot like last week. We'd all be better off of we had more snow cover too.

We're all fortunate to be able to just keep feeding the wood stoves. One business I would HATE to be in with this weather is any kind of heating oil/propane or furnace repair business. Every little glitch is a serious emergency. At any hour of the night. Delivery trucks have trouble supplying the demand and get to a point where they may only do half fills to be able to visit all customers. I know a couple guys that drive oil trucks and dragging oil hose in this weather is not any fun at all.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, but a dead camera resulted in no thread on the 480. 480's use the same top end as the L77. 52mm 272 rings will work in these saws. Base gaskets still available also.

It's a minus 8 degree morning here. And this coming week is looking a lot like last week. We'd all be better off of we had more snow cover too.

We're all fortunate to be able to just keep feeding the wood stoves. One business I would HATE to be in with this weather is any kind of heating oil/propane or furnace repair business. Every little glitch is a serious emergency. At any hour of the night. Delivery trucks have trouble supplying the demand and get to a point where they may only do half fills to be able to visit all customers. I know a couple guys that drive oil trucks and dragging oil hose in this weather is not any fun at all.
Troof

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get ready guys. It's coming up the Atlantic coast. 1st big storm of the season. They are calling for over a foot along with hurricane force winds. A blizzard at certain times. LOL
THEN, back to the COLD!!!