High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Nice work mods!!

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just wanted to congratulate the mods for jumping on that piece of *s-word spammer before he posted another thousand times. Great work. Well done.
Thanks!

This go round was 3 1/2 pages posted on the Chainsaw Forum in a matter of mere minutes. @Dub11 tipped me off to it last night.

My first act was to ban the offender, then came the PITA of deleting all of the threads.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks!

This go round was 3 1/2 pages posted on the Chainsaw Forum in a matter of mere minutes. @Dub11 tipped me off to it last night.

My first act was to ban the offender, then came the PITA of deleting all of the threads.

Could the powers at be make it possible to ban a member and then delete every thread started by that member all at once, instead of having to do it one at a time?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks!

I was going to text you but it was late. And we should thank the house full of kids at my house that wouldn't go to sleep.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being in the uk, and sleeping at other times than those on the other side .

I was up and reading, when those bots started spamming on two of the 3-4 occasions, but I just have to make a thread and link to the @mods in the thread. So as to bring there attention to it.
Cheers to you all for the speedy work and clearing the trail of mess they leave.

I,m also glad that I can put the spammer into ignore, so I can still read all the other threads.

Cheers

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
There has to be forum software out there that can help you guys out with this. Pretty clear that these are bots of some kind as they always hit the chainsaw subforum and it has the most traffic.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being in the uk, and sleeping at other times than those on the other side .

I was up and reading, when those bots started spamming on two of the 3-4 occasions, but I just have to make a thread and link to the @mods in the thread. So as to bring there attention to it.
Cheers to you all for the speedy work and clearing the trail of mess they leave.

I,m also glad that I can put the spammer into ignore, so I can still read all the other threads.

Cheers
All you have to do is click the report button and say spam. Instead of creating a whole new thread ?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But who's gonna look at all those spammed threads to see if it been reported
When you get a thread every min or so.

I just see.. China text and or some wierd translated guff, and go.. Holy cow poo bots doin it again.

Unless like a hombrew forum I belong to, once a thread gets reported it can't be reported again

The simple life would be stopping them in the first place. But that's very easly said and hard to accomplish
Cheers

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
But who's gonna look at all those spammed threads to see if it been reported
When you get a thread every min or so.

I just see.. China text and or some wierd translated guff, and go.. Holy cow poo bots doin it again.

Unless like a hombrew forum I belong to, once a thread gets reported it can't be reported again

The simple life would be stopping them in the first place. But that's very easly said and hard to accomplish
Cheers
All good points @Wonkydonkey

Allegedly, there is something in the works to block the spam bots.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably what's happening is somebody some how has a bunch browsers open and pings them all at once .Presto instant chit sandwich .

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On VB forums that I maintain, I set it so that new users would have their posts moderated and had to be approved before they would be seen. After 10 posts, the forum software would graduate them into a regular usergroup. It was an easy way to keep the spam threads under control. I also had a mod installed that once I banned someone, I could easily remove all their posts, so it would clean things up. The sooner you catch and stop it, the less clean up needed.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The bots from the land of the complete cheap full parts saw kits have returned to fill the new posts page. Between the bots & John1212's Chinese language insights, I'm beginning to speak mandarin quite well.