NGK CRM6H high failure rate

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering if the Bosch USR7AC is any better than the NGK CRMH spark plug? I have seen a high failure with the NGK liitle 10mm plugs.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would just go with Champions. Everyone loves to bad mouth them, because someone told them how bad they are. I have had more plug problems out of the Jap/German chit, when Champions were the most used brand. But listen to a lot of blather about how {pet brand} is the best, etc. Champions in my experience are more trustworthy....

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We will hear the "bucket of dirt" post here soon......

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Kind of like "Penzoil"......

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well most time most are good. It just I am having a lot failure with the CMR6Hs. I have deconstructed the last one to failure and found that for some the insulator is becoming conductive; shorting out the plug. With an ohm with the leads on the plug I get infinity impedance until I press harder on the insulator before the tip then I get 800K ohms. I just got to figure out if it is bad construction or a fuel related problem. It not the carbon build up as I clean that away before testing. This last plug failed within two weeks of use by the customer in a Stihl HS56.