exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please read this thread in the OPE FORUM FEATURES, under the GENERAL category, inside the SUGGESTION BOX forum:
(You should glance periodically at GENERAL > SUGGESTION BOX > OPE FORUM FEATURES to see new farts we've been knockin' around.)

http://opeforum.com/threads/better-event-listings-are-here.1415/

Due to the fact that there will be Events other than GTGs, it's better to have a system to track and display them, have them auto-expire, invite people, etc.

Once you've knocked the idea of your GTG around your thread and have a final Event to post, click that Events tab and add it to the calendar.

Features Summary
  • Create and edit events
  • Feature events
  • Automatically create event discussion threads or associate existing events with threads
  • Invite users to events
  • RSVP system allowing users to mark themselves as attending, not attending, or that they might attend
  • Event administrator system allowing multiple users to have access to edit and manage a single event without moderator abilities
  • Calendar view with multiple views (Month, Week, and Day) that loads events via AJAX and requires no reloads during navigation
  • Will be included in: news feed, alerts, warnings, likes, moderation, reporting, the spam cleaner, content tags, searching, and site statistics
  • Google maps integration
  • Member birthdays and USA holidays are auto-added
  • Only members can see it
Look at screenshots about system:
http://opeforum.com/threads/better-event-listings-are-here.1415/

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't see an events tab available in tapatalk? Do I need to log in on a regular browser?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't find the create event button. I'm on safari browser on my ipad. Is it buried under the search bar?

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On phones, immediately beside the Forums tab, there is a 3 lined "hamburger" icon to click to see the menu. The Events link is in there.

On bigger devices like tablets, the three lined "hamburger" moves to the right a bit depending upon screen size.