High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New to me Woodmizer LT40

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I picked up a used woodmizer LT40 manual this weekend. I decided to buy a bandsaw mill to help process my ever growing stack of Oak. I have been looking for a while and finally found a Woodmizer close by that appeared to be really well taken care of for the year. It is a 1989 Woodmizer LT40 manual with 900 hours. It has power feed and power up and down for the head. The Onan was replaced with a Briggs some years ago and it runs like a top. It has had many new bearings, wheels/tires and other preventative maintenance done to it recently. It also came with a Wright automatic blade sharpener, a Dino tooth setter and 15 new blades. It needs nothing to start milling. It was a little out of my price range but I shot him a real low offer not trying to insult him, and after a few hours of pondering it he accepted. I was there the next morning to pay and drag it home. I got it moved into its new spot in the yard today and hopefully in the next few days I can start making some sticks in to smaller sticks.
egw0OJL.jpg

AUAgfqz.jpg

jLoUjK5.jpg

4qrzYYL.jpg

PrSEQ1G.jpg

GQAZgOh.jpg

nFFlbmo.jpg

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like you have found a very clean machine! I have a friend (had I should say , he passed away 2+yrs ago)who has one of approximately the same vintage and his isn't that clean, still very functional just not as clean.
Enjoy your new purchase and endeavors, doesn't get any better than a woodmizer lt40, unless you have a 50 or a 70...
(Actually the 40's perfect for just about anything)

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My cousin over at Footlong Milling and excavating has a woodmizer. Iam not sure what model he has but it's not a trailer version like yours. His is a stationery unit but he did build a trailer and mounted the mill to it. You'll love that mill it will get you the wood. Just make sure that it's perfectly level and square before you mill or you'll have crooked boards.