jgreene70

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New to the forum. I have been rifling a few forums learning more about saws because I have taken a liking to them recently as far as tinkering goes. LOL

Have some smaller saws 024, Ms250 that I muffler modded, and an old 026. Really like the little 026 for what it is. Really my go to saw for most jobs, but also until today the largest in the stable. I have been looking for a good reliable larger saw to use around the farm as the needs arise. Was saving up $$ to get a new Dolmar 6100 when came across came across this today. Guy purchased the 2166 new to fall and clean up some trees around his place last summer, after he received a $3k quote from a local guy to do the job. I planned on buying new as was leery of used saw. But everything seemed to check out with it so figured I would roll the dice.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New to the forum. I have been rifling a few forums learning more about saws because I have taken a liking to them recently as far as tinkering goes. LOL

Have some smaller saws 024, Ms250 that I muffler modded, and an old 026. Really like the little 026 for what it is. Really my go to saw for most jobs, but also until today the largest in the stable. I have been looking for a good reliable larger saw to use around the farm as the needs arise. Was saving up $$ to get a new Dolmar 6100 when came across came across this today. Guy purchased the 2166 new to fall and clean up some trees around his place last summer, after he received a $3k quote from a local guy to do the job. I planned on buying new as was leery of used saw. But everything seemed to check out with it so figured I would roll the dice.

Welcome one of my favorite saws balances great with a 24 i always ran skip tooth chisel they are cutting machines and one of the best looking saws there is.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get ya a total super bar to make it complete lol my friend has had his since they came out 40-1 red armor its been bulletproof.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Come over to not so pros thread and say hi it's informal lol

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have anything you need there is usually somebody hanging out in not so pros lol

jgreene70

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get ya a total super bar to make it complete lol my friend has had his since they came out 40-1 red armor its been bulletproof.
Gonna stick with this bar and chain for now. Chain shows no sign of been filed. So will work it for now and then see about an upgrade when funds recoup a little. Have looked into the 372 conversion already though. LOL

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gonna stick with this bar and chain for now. Chain shows no sign of been filed. So will work it for now and then see about an upgrade when funds recoup a little. Have looked into the 372 conversion already though. LOL
I just meant for decades they wore a shiny total lol you've got a good bar there i have several you can get a little more out of it going to 2172 but I'm not going to if i find another one with a good tune and mild muff mod those are good running saws.

jgreene70

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just meant for decades they wore a shiny total lol you've got a good bar there i have several you can get a little more out of it going to 2172 but I'm not going to if i find another one with a good tune and mild muff mod those are good running saws.
Ahh I'm tracking now, about the Total bar. LOL Forgive my newbie ways.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor Supply near me has a 2166 sans bar and chain that has been there awhile. Last time I was in there it had been marked down to $499.95. I keep trying to create a justification for making an offer on it!