High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New to me concept

Sierrawoodsman

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that "Art Martin Chain" I always wondered what they were talking about. If you still have it let's get a look at it. I'm going to search for that thread when I get a chance and read it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gypo logger had made a comment in that thread joking with art Martin Called his chain a decoy. Pretending it was junk I think.

I didn't know he said that, far be it that John would pull a fast one....haha!

Thanks for clarifying that "Art Martin Chain" I always wondered what they were talking about. If you still have it let's get a look at it. I'm going to search for that thread when I get a chance and read it

The thread is on Anotherist Site but no pictures left, seen here....

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/racing-chain-by-art-martin.2312/

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/art-martin-will-the-real-logger-please-stand-up.4932/

Sierrawoodsman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the art Martin chain threads. There's some good stuff in there, and some stuff I've never heard of. It's too bad all the pictures were lost, probably when A.S. got hacked. Well, looks I'm off to redwing shoes to go see if I can find me some leather boot laces and give you guys a run for your money...Lol!

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the link to the art Martin chain threads. There's some good stuff in there, and some stuff I've never heard of. It's too bad all the pictures were lost, probably when A.S. got hacked. Well, looks I'm off to redwing shoes to go see if I can find me some leather boot laces and give you guys a run for your money...Lol!

I just want a cutter that's looks half as good as yours.

Icepick69

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly Anthony! Let's make it a beauty contest instead… LOL!
May the purdyist cutter win.

Heck,
If my cutters looked like yours. I could care less if they cut.
Every time I touch one of your cutters, I get cut. So I'm pretty sure there pretty dang sharp. O, and do I need to remind you. They were used before they got here.
Man these things are beautifulness

Sierrawoodsman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm just a learning. The guys with more experience than me on here that's for sure.....in fact if it wasn't for these guys I wouldn't be near as good as I am. From entering some of these races it's clear to me I've got a long ways to go.

Icepick69

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just a learning. The guys with more experience than me on here that's for sure.....in fact if it wasn't for these guys I wouldn't be near as good as I am. From entering some of these races it's clear to me I've got a long ways to go.

That's for sure, there surely some great people on here willing to help.
Look how fast @Deets066 was. He was running some pretty fast chains.
But as see more and more people getting serious again. Be nice if we could round up some of the old school racers on here to help us.
Racing no matter what it is, will always be in the blood.
I need some help and would love to see some of these guys come out of the wood works.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Watch the cutter when it comes around the bar nose. You only need to remove what's proud of the leading edge.
Interesting.

Often hear how guys like chains with longer cutters, as they will last longer, or 'get more sharpenings' (e.g. Oregon 91VXL - http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/products/chain/91VXL.htm).

This may illustrate that it is not a necessarily a question of being the 'best', but that some chains have features that may be better in certain applications. Some of the tradeoffs that chain designers have to face.

Philbert