beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats what i was thinking too. IPL shows different numbers though so I don't know now.
Interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. I can't see a difference between the two.

I robbed he clutch and drum off a 385 bottom end for one of my 372's.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joe,

Your intake skirt is fairly polished, I think it would be worthwhile to slap a new piston in it and see if the knock goes away. I think the knock in your saw sounds exactly like the one in Dave’s video a few pages back. His sounds more intense but I’d be willing to bet that’s because of how phones pick up sounds in videos. Next time you’re down here or I’m up there we should get a video of it running for comparison.
I have several 385 pistons here with broken skirts from piston slap. I think a new piston is always a good idea in these saws.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked the looks of the hyway 390 p/c I got. Looked like a nice casting with a little flash to clean up. Lowers needed just a little work. I used oem rings and circlips. That saw didn’t blow up yet lol, so something must be working alright. I can’t find the piston anymore on HLS, but I think meteor makes one.

Last edited:

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Autotune/mtronic and eventually fuel injection are a great idea when they are working properly imo too. Most people don’t even know what a tuning screwdriver is or how to tune when they buy these 1,000$ pro saws, and it ain’t necessarily there fault. The manufacturers put limiter caps on them and only allow dealers to have access to these tools. The result seems to be people not changing tune for the entire life of the saw, or compensation for changing temps. When a saw breaks in, most of the time they need richened up. Add into 50:1 mix which is skating the “edge” possibly and it is no wonder failures happen. At least that’s the way I look at it guys.
What limiter caps? I aint gots no stinkn limiters on my saws. Oh thats rite, I took dem off.

Last edited:

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They disappeared on mine too lol. Most average people outside of forum have no idea what they are or how to delete em.
Thats why manufacturers have to make the newest, greatest, shiniest saw around.
Fook dat! 272,288,tree94 Rule!
Course a deuce66 wiff a bigbore kit aint no slouch either.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, tossed a new Meteor piston in the 390 today and the rattling at idle is pretty well gone! Put it together without a base gasket, that yielded .017" squish and 175psi compression.

Can't wait to try it out!