High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New to collecting.

Jimsz

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Last week I checked out a Facebook marketplace listing for a Homelite and a Solo. The Solo got my attention because I had never heard of it. Well, being interested in motors of all kinds for the last 60 years I did a little research and came home with a Homelite C-51 and a Solo 611 (single) both for $100. Today the C-51 starts easy and runs strong after new fuel lines, filter and carb kit. Just started on the Solo; got a new starter spring in and it fires with fuel down the carb but will not pull from the tank. I have a kit for that Walbro, just need time. My only other collectable I have is a Pro Mac 10-10 that I bought new in 1983 that still runs great. Happy to be a part of this forum, I have already learned a lot.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny you mention a C-51, I was given one yesterday. I'm not a Homelite guy is the problem.

Jimsz

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. I do have another saw that I forgot about, Homelite Super 2 bought in the early 70's. It got bound up in a cut and by the time it came free the bar was bent (I was much younger and impatient{or stupid}). I guess it sat in the corner too long and got mounted on my son's scooter.
I might need some help from you guys with that Solo, things that should be simple are not.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for the welcome. I do have another saw that I forgot about, Homelite Super 2 bought in the early 70's. It got bound up in a cut and by the time it came free the bar was bent (I was much younger and impatient{or stupid}). I guess it sat in the corner too long and got mounted on my son's scooter.
I might need some help from you guys with that Solo, things that should be simple are not.

Welcome to the circus. Pics of the saw mounted on the scooter or it didn't happen!!!!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last week I checked out a Facebook marketplace listing for a Homelite and a Solo. The Solo got my attention because I had never heard of it. Well, being interested in motors of all kinds for the last 60 years I did a little research and came home with a Homelite C-51 and a Solo 611 (single) both for $100. Today the C-51 starts easy and runs strong after new fuel lines, filter and carb kit. Just started on the Solo; got a new starter spring in and it fires with fuel down the carb but will not pull from the tank. I have a kit for that Walbro, just need time. My only other collectable I have is a Pro Mac 10-10 that I bought new in 1983 that still runs great. Happy to be a part of this forum, I have already learned a lot.

Welcome to OPE sir.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Hinerman, I was happy when I figured out how to post a pic, quite a stretch for the old man.

It took me months to figure it out.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
C51 sound sweet...

Jimsz

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The Solo runs now after I got the carb cleaned and new gaskets and diaphram fitted. Sounds hot! Took a look inside the muffler to check on carbon buildup and it was pretty clean. Surprise: it's a tuned exhaust! A mini expansion chamber built into that cast aluminum box. I guess I should post a pic of it.

Jimsz

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll try to post a photo of what I have.

Attachments

• IMG_3752.jpg
    IMG_3752.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: