new material in stihl HD2 filter...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Putting a set of rims and tires on my truck makes no difference on how I get to work other than to look cool and waste gas...I still got there just the same.

Putting a max flow on a 661 makes a big difference in efficiency and let's the saw live longer from not dying of ingestion..big difference.
Not a big difference. They all do the same things. Many 661s run stock filters. The saw still runs.
Same with tires on a truck. They will both get you to where you want to go. So very similar analogy.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a big difference. They all do the same things. Many 661s run stock filters. The saw still runs.
Same with tires on a truck. They will both get you to where you want to go. So very similar analogy.

It kinda is..

Nobody that runs a 661 all day would tell you that the air filtration couldn't use a major upgrade, and in the name of performance/longevity/production it's a smart move.

Most daily drivers have no idea where the air filter is on their vehicle...its not a weak point that the person driving it feels the need to change.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. You should be cleaning it daily or every other day just so that 395 runs at optimal level. Lol
Come on now. [emoji12]
Nah, just a shot of compressed air here and there, maybe little pb blaster and a rag. Keeps the pitch off. It sure wishes it was worked harder than I work it with side jobs. Need to get myself a mill to play around with. Lol

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I see some kind of grease or Vaseline around the outer edges of the filter. Looks like it defiantly helps stop the fines getting in