High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New here.

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum but my brothers, @XP_Slinger and @RIDE-RED 350r have been members for awhile and have horn swaggled me into joining their saw building fun. I just recently picked up a 550xp and love it. But can’t wait to start tweeking it. Hopefully I will be posting a build thread for my 550xp. I’m also looking for a saw to resurrect and build for my first. Any suggestions are appreciated as to what I shouldn try to cut my teeth in building. Thanks all.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome aboard little brother! You want to build something... Watch out for that Tree-90-Feckin-Fo! :D

Honestly though, I think a nice 60cc builder to resurrect and port would make a nice addition to the new 550. Think 357/359??

Warning though: Much like most of our other interests, these things tend to multiply.

This is a great place to learn things from basic maintenance to full overhauls and mods. Lots of good build threads to check out

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like you gotta lotta livin up to your bro's. Little skidder pants ;)

Welcome
The “skidder” is where I’m usually stuck during firewood season because these two boobs are like the Tasmanian devils takin trees down left and right. It’s like playing roulette with chainsaws when they are around. It’s limbed and blocked before I can get mine started. Lol!!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The “skidder” is where I’m usually stuck during firewood season because these two boobs are like the Tasmanian devils takin trees down left and right. It’s like playing roulette with chainsaws when they are around. It’s limbed and blocked before I can get mine started. Lol!!
I’ll pull skidder duty a little this year...gotta run that 550 in!

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum but my brothers, @XP_Slinger and @RIDE-RED 350r have been members for awhile and have horn swaggled me into joining their saw building fun. I just recently picked up a 550xp and love it. But can’t wait to start tweeking it. Hopefully I will be posting a build thread for my 550xp. I’m also looking for a saw to resurrect and build for my first. Any suggestions are appreciated as to what I shouldn try to cut my teeth in building. Thanks all.
Welcome Mr.Skidder, by all accounts you have pretty good genetics and should fit right in around here.
I look forward to your 550 build thread, but may I suggest that you dare to be different, and drag your brothers down a new rabbit hole and choose a Dolmar for your build project?! At the conclusion your bros will be envious of whatever model you choose. I suggest anything from the 6400-7910 family.Cheap builders can be had in old Home Depot 6421rental units. Whatever you choose we will appreciate the input and effort with the thread!
But choose Dolmar :rolleyes: or Makita!!!
Again welcome to the land of misfit lumberjacks and have fun and stay safe!
Perhaps I could get @Wilhelm to apply a little more peer pressure for our team....

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome Mr.Skidder, by all accounts you have pretty good genetics and should fit right in around here.
I look forward to your 550 build thread, but may I suggest that you dare to be different, and drag your brothers down a new rabbit hole and choose a Dolmar for your build project?! At the conclusion your bros will be envious of whatever model you choose. I suggest anything from the 6400-7910 family.Cheap builders can be had in old Home Depot 6421rental units. Whatever you choose we will appreciate the input and effort with the thread!
Perhaps I could get @Wilhelm to apply a little more peer pressure for our team....
Honestly I’ve never heard of Dolmar Makita. Originality is definitely a plus for me but maybe down the road. I gotta belly up to the bench and learn what the “elders” know before I venture out on my own. Lol! Thanks for the advice and I’ll be looking into it for sure.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been quietly looking for a 7900 or a Stihl 066 to build, but the huskies have been dropping into my lap lately. Can’t complain:)

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Honestly I’ve never heard of Dolmar Makita. Originality is definitely a plus for me but maybe down the road. I gotta belly up to the bench and learn what the “elders” know before I venture out on my own. Lol! Thanks for the advice and I’ll be looking into it for sure.
You don't need no stinkin elders, turn on the TV and check their Depends, give em some coffee and get out to that shop.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6400-7910 FTW, best ergonomics out there! It will turn you into a one saw plan man...
No sir it won’t;)! I like variety, but have a 1 Saw plan if I had to liquidate. I would very much like to try out a dolly, never heard anything but good things about them. Brands don’t matter to me as long as it gets the job done and makes me smile doing it. Of course my sig line would indicate otherwise lol.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No sir it won’t;)! I like variety, but have a 1 Saw plan if I had to liquidate. I would very much like to try out a dolly, never heard anything but good things about them. Brands don’t matter to me as long as it gets the job done and makes me smile doing it. Of course my sig line would indicate otherwise lol.
I didn't mean literally only have one saw, blasphemous! Once you own and operate one of the aforementioned models6400-7910 you will find it challenging to pick up anything else. I own a lot of saws, the majority DolMaks,but I rarely choose any of the others. 40-50or60 cc's ! It just works for me! Felling, limbing, bucking its el perfecto!
Again 6400-7910 FTW, and don't you be tryin to negatively influence your brother...

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You brothers all live fairly close to one another? That's nice to be able to cut together.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
I live the furthest away at 20 mins. They could literally walk to each others houses. It’s always a good time when we all get together to make saw dust. Lots of laughs, and lots of work getting accomplished at the same time.

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn't mean literally only have one saw, blasphemous! Once you own and operate one of the aforementioned models6400-7910 you will find it challenging to pick up anything else. I own a lot of saws, the majority DolMaks,but I rarely choose any of the others. 40-50or60 cc's ! It just works for me! Felling, limbing, bucking its el perfecto!
Again 6400-7910 FTW, and don't you be tryin to negatively influence your brother...
I already have my own negative influences lol!! I’m a diesel guy and carburetors confuse me. Lol!! But with the brothers I have, keeping up with them is like watching squirrels race. They are all over the map. Lol!!