Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No camera, just a phone, and, its teaming rain here this past two days,
am taking it to the Echo man when he gets his new tach, if that does not
happen soon, then I will try to take a video.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you do it, rev full throttle for 5 seconds, make some cuts in some 10-18" wood at varying pressures throughout the cuts, give it some idle time too, and another good 5 second rev after its been warmed up by all that cutting. That will help us understand how it's tuned and undeniably what the rpm is without a tach.

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, had this 352 going very well, gave it to someone to use, a few days ago I started it up, it started after two pulls on choke, thought this was odd as I had used for a week and it started after three pulls on choke, dumped out their fuel, added my own, left saw over night, today was the coldest day since I had the saw, again, two pulls on choke to make her first fire.
What has changed that it now takes one pull less on choke, am really curious, I asked if anyone altered the carb, told no, but I have my doubts, nothing moves on its own, also noted the saw revs up after it starts and I need to flash the throttle to bring it back to idle, I do not recall having to do this step either, and I had the little saw perfect, taking three pulls before first fire, and it cut like a daemon, with a good plug colour.

The filter was checked, its clean and dry so nothing dodgy there, I leaned out the L, left the saw half a day, again, two pulls on choke to first fire, and when it started up it reved until I flashed the throttle, which am sure it was not doing before I loaned it.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe it got used and is broken in now

or you may have been touching the throttle when starting prior to lending it? I'm sure you know touching the throttle releases the choke and the fast idle lock activated by pulling the choke.

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, I know it releases the fast idle. It still runs well, other than a little jumpy on the idle, I have decided to pay no attention to the slight change in choking, It cuts fine.

Last edited:

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So the issue is it’s easier to crank?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or the issue is: Job's done, time to return the saw :). I hear that happens alot these days. Then the local Home Depot returned OPE buyer/seller gives me great deals on practically new great running Echos. That's where I got my 352, 490, and 590. No issues and roughly 50% off

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I know it releases the fast idle. It still runs well, other than a little jumpy on the idle, I have decided to pay no attention to the slight change in choking, going to trade it for a 50cc, no need for it now anyway that my palms are cut, it will be at least 4 years before I need to saw them again, am planting a blackthorn hedge in between them, that will provide more security, and when it grows the trees will be removed completely,
So your avatar name being 'Firewood' is because you don't need or use saws to cut wood...

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have had 6 or 7 saws in Three years, I bought some to do jobs that are priced, and when the jobs are done and my wood is cut, I sell them on when they are still nice and clean, or trade them in for what ever I need, I don't keep stuff laying around, lots of reasons, borrowers sanctioned or opportunists are a problem, like this little echo, I had it running spot on for me, then loaned it, and it came back singing a slightly different tune, I want a bigger saw, so no point in me keeping it, it cuts really well, surprised me there, the 91 vxl chain also lit up my eyes, cuts very well, bores great, and no noticeable stretch between flipping bars over every half day, never had a chain that was so good in this respect, and after sharpening it will now do transverse cuts without chugging like it initially did, I also don't want to keep the smaller chains and files on hand for this small saw, as I have .325 gear, and lots of chains and bars in this size so a saw that suits them will be better now my job is done.

What changed most is my son has some heavier work to do, so looking into an AT or MT saw, so there wont be any issues regarding fuel or altitude, I will let him keep this saw for cleaning up around the farm during summer, and cutting firewood, I won't be placing this AT or MT saw because it will be for him, it will make it handy for him to get parts, so probably work out better than an Echo for him.

Last edited:

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So the issue is it’s easier to crank?
The issue is I loaned it, it came back singing a different tune, I dont know the reason for that, I was just puzzled at how it went from taking three pulls on choke to only Two, given the weather is now colder it should be the other way round, no big deal, and its idle was a little off, so I dumped the fuel, put in my own, and it still cuts great, moving it on as son needs a saw this summer for firewood and farm work, its too small for that, and I don't want any further borrowers asking for it, so, looking into AT or MT saw, am giving this saw to son, so will sleep better knowing he will stand a better chance regarding his choice of fuel and mix, thats all.

Firewood

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Or the issue is: Job's done, time to return the saw :). I hear that happens alot these days. Then the local Home Depot returned OPE buyer/seller gives me great deals on practically new great running Echos. That's where I got my 352, 490, and 590. No issues and roughly 50% off
Am upgrading to meet this summers planned work.

Last edited: