High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New 545/550xp saws

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Haha I thought someone would like that bar. I still have a pile of unused ones on my shelf.
Those old Windsor bars were good quality, not like what you get today.
That was originally a 15" .050 3/8 bar that I cut down to a 13".
Picture shows about a 1/4 way into the modification.
There's a reason why the Swedes run a 13" b/c on a 50cc saw in smaller softwood. Ergonomically perfect.
View attachment 160107
That is quite the handy work on the bar! Those old Homelite bars are tuff. I like the large size roller nose, compared to the smaller one that you find now.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what i know from the datasheet, there is no revboost feature anymore

Still too early to be sure on much of these details. When we have access to the IPL's we can get a better idea. If they share a coil, then the revboost is gone. But if the coils are different, then we can expect that the 550 will still have it.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found this online
5167dbd96d028100796c695047d916a9.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4% improved torque over a wider rpm band, 7% more power over the mk1, that itself won't impress many since the saw has gained 8% weight.

The real deal maker is 30% improved acceleration over the mk1.

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long live the original 550xp. Maybe the best saw of all time in my book. Never had hot start issues after I used the hot start procedure. it’s my go to bucket/climbing saw after I’m done with a top handle. When it lets go I’ll have it hooked up to to see how many hours it has on it...

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4% improved torque over a wider rpm band, 7% more power over the mk1, that itself won't impress many since the saw has gained 8% weight.

The real deal maker is 30% improved acceleration over the mk1.
30% improved acceleration is a good deal, the Rev Boost only cut out the rev limiter for only a second or two at WOT any ways.
So when eliminated probably makes better AutoTune functions.
From looking at the bigger 572 it's sure not lacking throttle response and revs.

Funny when I read old posts from early 2010 everyone was debating what would come to North America first...the 560 or 562.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the rev boost lasts for about 3 seconds, its good when you're blipping on and off the throttle while limbing. But, since it is red-lining the engine, it is definitely a culprit in heating up the saw, and Husqvarna is doing everything they can to combat heat, so I can see why they would put the kibosh on that feature. I don't think the 572 supports rev boost (more of limbing feature, which I don't see useful on a 70cc saw since you're probably not doing heavy limbing with that saw)... but I would suspect if Husky redoes the 562xp with a Mark II that they also douse the feature there too.

No-one is going to notice or feel 4% better torque or 7% more power. Frankly, those kind of numbers are so weak, I'm amazed marketing even brought them up. The 30% better acceleration sounds cool, until you think about the fact that acceleration takes place for 6% of the time you use a saw. The rest of the time it's idling and full-throttle cutting.
DSC_0003-4.jpg

What they should say is, "98.6% better reliability."

Last edited:

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That software is pretty amazing, very cool with all the information it reads.
You'd think there would be a GPS mode so you can find your saw with your phone if it was stolen or if you left it in the woods somewhere.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That software is pretty amazing, very cool with all the information it reads.
You'd think there would be a GPS mode so you can find your saw with your phone if it was stolen or if you left it in the woods somewhere.

The dealer has the option to "burn" the customers name and contact information into the computer so if it does walk off the next time the saw is plugged in it pops up on the screen. Recovered a couple that way.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The dealer has the option to "burn" the customers name and contact information into the computer so if it does walk off the next time the saw is plugged in it pops up on the screen. Recovered a couple that way.

Were you the "burning" dealer? Not sure on this, but I think only the dealer who makes the service notes has the ability to read them.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were you the "burning" dealer? Not sure on this, but I think only the dealer who makes the service notes has the ability to read them.

I don't believe so Bob, IIRC Lanier Outdoor sold them new but I could be mistaken.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice video....
but being the jerk that I am, I'd like to point out a couple reasons why this isn't a fair comparison.
1- the 550XPG used loses a little bit of power through the magneto to power the hand warmers, regardless of if they are running or not. Just a function of the force required to overcome the magnets on the flywheel interacting with the generator. The 550XP mark II did not have the G handles as far as I could tell.
2- the bar / chain was different, although I assume they were both new bars and off-the-roll chain, one can't be certain.
3- the operators were different. A man vs a woman, who knows if one is pushing harder.

Still, if Husqvarna has managed to wring another 4-7% of power/torque out of that engine in stock form, and achieve 30% faster rev, that is pretty cool. Could just be they have a slightly more open muffler, but maybe they used more tricks? Does it also mean they are leaving less "on the table" for porting to gain, or does it mean a ported mark II will be faster than a ported mark I?

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty good video up on youtube this morning with Lasse Strandell. Early part is subtitled, but they have a torn down saw and we get a good look at many of the internal parts.

I saw through the video, there is one internal part I paid attention to, the crankcase.
It looks like they have taken the time & money to mill the case, finally!

What I understood at Lasse in the video is that apart from the unique mk2 parts there were also several parts that were further developed from mk1, would think they might fit on mk1.

But either way I'd prefer 30% quicker acceleration over revboost.
+1

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice video....
but being the jerk that I am, I'd like to point out a couple reasons why this isn't a fair comparison.
1- the 550XPG used loses a little bit of power through the magneto to power the hand warmers, regardless of if they are running or not. Just a function of the force required to overcome the magnets on the flywheel interacting with the generator. The 550XP mark II did not have the G handles as far as I could tell.
2- the bar / chain was different, although I assume they were both new bars and off-the-roll chain, one can't be certain.
3- the operators were different. A man vs a woman, who knows if one is pushing harder.

Still, if Husqvarna has managed to wring another 4-7% of power/torque out of that engine in stock form, and achieve 30% faster rev, that is pretty cool. Could just be they have a slightly more open muffler, but maybe they used more tricks? Does it also mean they are leaving less "on the table" for porting to gain, or does it mean a ported mark II will be faster than a ported mark I?

Come on Derf; I mean this is obsessing over really small details. :rolleyes: