New 545/550xp saws

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
545/550 "should" be late 1st quarter. I have my doubts cause of zero service documents or parts anywhere in the system yet. (There's been a lot of 572 parts in the system for months.) Nothing comes up in a search. No word on the 562 that I've heard, so that will be last.

First out of the gate will be the 565/572 and the new T525 top handle Jan 31st. 545/550 will be next; followed by the 562's. But I'd be leery of any dates until we see some stuff on the support side in place.

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
545/550 "should" be late 1st quarter. I have my doubts cause of zero service documents or parts anywhere in the system yet. (There's been a lot of 572 parts in the system for months.) Nothing comes up in a search. No word on the 562 that I've heard, so that will be last.

First out of the gate will be the 565/572 and the new T525 top handle Jan 31st. 545/550 will be next; followed by the 562's. But I'd be leery of any dates until we see some stuff on the support side in place.

On Husqvarna's Instagram page this morning they had the 545 coming in Q1 of 2019 so that lines up with your info as well.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since having the warranty work done on my older 562xp ('12-13 maybe?) it's been issue free and starts easily hot or cold. I probably have 10 gallons or better of mix through it since the work and I would assume the issue would have surfaced by now, if it was going to. Terry Landrum did me a solid on that one. Now as far as the MKII 550 is concerned, it almost seems like it's going the opposite way of the MS261. Time will tell if the results are fruitful. I was never a fan of the weight of the original 261 that I have, but it pulls far better than many 50cc saws, running 3/8" chain, so I guess there's a trade-off. If it does bode well, then I'm even more curious about a 58X-59X family or model if it goes down to one version of saw, based off of the seemingly "right" things that they're doing now to fix what was previously wrong.

This is off topic...but is Terry out of business ?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Its good to see Husky is finally releasing a 25cc top handle. I 'hope' they have really thought about this saw & offer a simple reliable perhaps non-AT package that can put them back on the map as far as TH are concerned. Its kinda proven the pro user will happily take reliability over technology in this class. Husky has a real opportunity having time to look at the echo cs2511t & ms150t to really hit the sweet spot. History tells us this saw will be finicky, unreliable, overly complicated & difficult to work on. I pray :worship2: they do something new, clever & simple.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone tell me if the 565/572 master control switch still has choke and fast idle settings like the older Huskies ?
Reason I ask the new MS261CM I'm running no longer has a fast idle setting on the master control switch. The MS462 should be the same.
I can cold start the 261 on choke and leave it on choke for a good 30 seconds as it warms up. Could go longer . Great feature as it eliminates that one extra step setting the fast idle ......and the Stihls don't even have a primer bulb.

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572 has the same switch set up as the 562 @Willard. So, that extra step of turning off the choke and setting the fast idle will continute to inhibit the productivity of those of us that run Huskys. ( sorry couldn't resist :) )

But.............. the primer is another matter, as it's main benefit is to reduce the number of pulls necessary to get the saw to pop. Particularly with a saw that has been run dry. The primer fills up the fuel loop easier than having to pull the rope several times to accomplish the same task.

So.............and you can guess where I'm going here..............LOL................I'd rather have a primer that eliminates those extra pulls on the starter rope than a master control switch that eliminates setting the fast idle. :)

On a serious side, does the 261 actually have a full choke setting, or are they doing that electronically? 30 seconds with a full choke plate closed would normally flood any saw, so they must be doing something different in there.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Spike60
Yes I heard the primer bulb can recycle warm fuel out of the carb back into the tank during a hot start issue which is a good feature.

Now on my MS261 CM ll the M Tronic must be doing its job regulating the fuel intake while the choke is on for 30 seconds.
I find it's nice just to click the throttle once to set it to "run" after a cold start.

We all remember back in the day in 1982 when the "red 162" Jonsered 630 was introduced.
It had the auto fast idle intregraded into the choke control, the 266 introduced at the same time still retained the old seperate fast idle button into the throttle interlock which Husqvarna kept almost 20 years later.

Back to 1982 lots of loggers here switched from orange to black/red because of that.

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The m-tronic models have a choke shutter with a small hole to let air flow through. With the choke shutter closed also the micro switch is activated. This lets the control unit calculate the necessary amount of fuel and ignition timing for starting. While starting the air fuel mixture is highly enriched. After initial combustion, the quantity of fuel is reduced and the engine does not flood or stall because of a too rich fuel air mixture. The engine can be accelerated immediately. Blipping the throttle trigger brings the master control lever to the normal running mode and the micro switch is opened. The control unit recieves the information choke shutter is open and adjusts the amount of fuel.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The m-tronic models have a choke shutter with a small hole to let air flow through. With the choke shutter closed also the micro switch is activated. This lets the control unit calculate the necessary amount of fuel and ignition timing for starting. While starting the air fuel mixture is highly enriched. After initial combustion, the quantity of fuel is reduced and the engine does not flood or stall because of a too rich fuel air mixture. The engine can be accelerated immediately. Blipping the throttle trigger brings the master control lever to the normal running mode and the micro switch is opened. The control unit recieves the information choke shutter is open and adjusts the amount of fuel.
Thats very interesting ..... I did wonder how the saw could keep running on the start setting for the 90 second "Re Calibrate " procedure that I think still is in place for the Version 2.0 saw?

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, up to version 2, the 90 sec calibration.
Thanks @DND 9000 very interesting. This is all news to me. My 261 ll has been flawless.
Looking forward to the 462 then one more step into fuel injection.
Husqvarna will get on board with this.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats very interesting ..... I did wonder how the saw could keep running on the start setting for the 90 second "Re Calibrate " procedure that I think still is in place for the Version 2.0 saw?
Excellent video here from seanq.
How to reset the older MTronic like on the MS361....idle with choke on for 90 seconds.
2016 and newer Version 2 .....idle with choke on for 30 seconds, then immediately WOT for another 30 seconds.
Now I got it.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Excellent video here from seanq.
How to reset the older MTronic like on the MS361....idle with choke on for 90 seconds.
2016 and newer Version 2 .....idle with choke on for 30 seconds, then immediately WOT for another 30 seconds.
Now I got it.
Yea...thats a good one having it demonstrated in real time.