weisskopf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Spike60

sometimes you think kids give you a hard time but they still have time to learn about respect etc.... some adults act as pure childs and their time to learn any manners is over:D

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've said this before....and most likely I'll end having to say it again.

I'm an unforgiving bastard. That might be the single most glaring defect of character that I have. When someone does something that really pisses me off, I don't usually forgive or forget.

Instead, I tend to make sure I never have to trip over them in the future. I'll push and push until it comes to a head....and I'll do the same thing in person. I've got the scars to prove it.

I'll be the first to admit that this defect is probably not always gonna be what's best in any given situation.

So.....thank you all for calling me out when you see me acting poorly.

I'll let it go.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hardly ever brand bash merely for the sake I generally love saws & most brands make at least something I like. I would hate to restrict myself to only buying one color of saw. Sometimes we all get on edge from the pressures of life and have a little venom running through our veins. Those days I get half way through writing a post & realise I'm not being real positive or nice, delete it and stick to reading instead of posting. As Spike mentions we can all think about how we treat each other. Saws are blocks of metal & plastic, people are what makes this site what it is. Randy has never been backwards in coming forward, which is kinda good too.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hardly ever brand bash merely for the sake I generally love saws & most brands make at least something I like. I would hate to restrict myself to only buying one color of saw. Sometimes we all get on edge from the pressures of life and have a little venom running through our veins. Those days I get half way through writing a post & realise I'm not being real positive or nice, delete it and stick to reading instead of posting. As Spike mentions we can all think about how we treat each other. Saws are blocks of metal & plastic, people are what makes this site what it is. Randy has never been backwards in coming forward, which is kinda good too.

Agreed, I currently have a Dolmar ps420sc, a 2018 545 mk1, a 2018 365xt trans caps ground down, a ms361 and to top it off a Huztl/Hyway ms660. I love them all for different reasons. And they all serve a purpose in my eyes for my uses. I really want to get hold of a echo to top it off.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some days I wonder why I even bother.
You can do it Randy! I’ve manage to bite my tounge numerous times on yours and other comments since we’ve talked, that’s a pretty big deal for me,... lol!
Bob made some really valid points and I feel the exact same way he does

Skisawyer

chain rook
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe @Mastermind harnesses his “character flaw” in his relentless pursuit of 2 stroke performance. Or maybe he soothes his rage massaging metal into ports. Or maybe he is just a curious primate who likes working with his hands and his noggin. Any which way, we all benefit from the productive use of our own talents and flaws.

Let’s not forget how great this forum really is, and how easily we can all turn it into another Arb0r1stcite...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can do it Randy! I’ve manage to bite my tounge numerous times on yours and other comments since we’ve talked, that’s a pretty big deal for me,... lol!
Bob made some really valid points and I feel the exact same way he does

I agree.

I can do it. I might not enjoy doing it......I might not want to do it.

But.....I can.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe @Mastermind harnesses his “character flaw” in his relentless pursuit of 2 stroke performance. Or maybe he soothes his rage massaging metal into ports. Or maybe he is just a curious primate who likes working with his hands and his noggin. Any which way, we all benefit from the productive use of our own talents and flaws.

Let’s not forget how great this forum really is, and how easily we can all turn it into another Arb0r1stcite...

I'm rarely able to harness my defects of character.....but owning them helps.

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly it feel similar to a 357xp to me, not comparing power, just the feel of the saw, I think this is why I like it with a 20".
And i my opinion a 20“ bar is not the normal choice with 50cc.
I would use 15 or 16 on a 50cc saw, 16-18 on 60cc and 20+ with 70cc
But I cut 80% hardwood here in Germany

weisskopf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@ ferris

Of course we speak for europe.
For hardwood I mainly use this:
50cc - 15 inch
70cc - 18 inch

For the trees here its mostly enough.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run a stihl 25” bar (yes everyone knows it’s really a 84DL 24” bar) currently on my personal 7900 for logging. I usually like a 24-28 for the stuff we cut (in northeastern USA) on a 70-90cc saw. I like a 18-20” on a 50cc. I have to bend and reach too much with a 16” or shorter at my height.

Last edited: