New 545/550xp saws

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Husky's product line of a quality tool for a little less. I'm not a performance junkie but I do like nice stuff. professional quality, just not Xtra Pricey.
That's good stuff, Xtra Pricey lol.
I like the more orange counterparts just fine to run, but I usually have the xp's because that's what guys want and I'm always thinking of resale.
I'm a big fan of the "semi pro" saws myself and recommend them a lot to guys looking for a good priced saw that's quality.

weisskopf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
but I usually have the xp's because that's what guys want and I'm always thinking of resale.

I never think of resale and I buy the product for:
- price/quality relation
- to work
- I have to be happy

As an example: the 550 XP mark II ist here 410.- more expensive (425.- would make the half price of the 545 mark II). But its clear for me since they made the 545 / 555 / 565 lineup that the XP line is noth worth the extra $$$ in the 5 series.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never think of resale and I buy the product for:
- price/quality relation
- to work
- I have to be happy

As an example: the 550 XP mark II ist here 410.- more expensive (425.- would make the half price of the 545 mark II). But its clear for me since they made the 545 / 555 / 565 lineup that the XP line is noth worth the extra $$$ in the 5 series.
If you saw what I have for saws you'd see I'm happy, I rotate a lot of saws through the "inventory" :D.
When you say work does that mean getting paid to do a job or working around the yard/cutting a couple cords a yr of firewood.
I'm not sure how to take the price/quality statement, if that's the case then why not buy a plastic cased saw, they have a good value for the cost, especially if you buy new. I buy primarily slightly used saws and I feel that's the best value for me in my current situation. If I was doing more tree work for hire I would be more inclined to buy new as there is a cost involved in the time invested in finding good quality used saws that would be much better spent working an hr or two to buy new vs used.
Value is most always a consideration, if you keep them long that will change how you determine value, if you get paid to run a saw that will change it as well, lots to consider.
As far at the xp line not being worth the $$$, that's an opinion based on your circumstances, be sure that's not the same for everyone, or why would they continue to make the XP line ;).
There are many qualifiers as to what the "value" of something is, that will look different from one person to the next, for me I believe I get the best value, it sounds as though you feel you do to :beer-toast1:.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think @weisskopf 's opinion is based on a different pricing structure in Europe vs what we have here in the US. In our case aggressive pricing on the XP models means it's only a small $50 jump up from the non XP saws. For us, that small jump is easily worth the extra money. And, that's why the 545/555/565 are such poor sellers here.

Not sure from his post, but it looks like there is a much bigger price gap over there. Probably not the same in every country either, but maybe Tor and some of folks can shed some light on how the saws are priced that make the 545 more attractive for those guys.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think @weisskopf 's opinion is based on a different pricing structure in Europe vs what we have here in the US. In our case aggressive pricing on the XP models means it's only a small $50 jump up from the non XP saws. For us, that small jump is easily worth the extra money. And, that's why the 545/555/565 are such poor sellers here.

Not sure from his post, but it looks like there is a much bigger price gap over there. Probably not the same in every country either, but maybe Tor and some of folks can shed some light on how the saws are priced that make the 545 more attractive for those guys.
I agree, like I said
As far at the xp line not being worth the $$$, that's an opinion based on your circumstances
that's an opinion based on his circumstances and he's entitled to it, but it doesn't apply across the board/world.
I got it, get it, do others.
@chipper1

would you still say that if the 550 xp mark II is nearly 1/2 more expensive in US than the 545 mark II?
I said what I said based on my circumstances, would you say what you said if you were in mine.
I never had a problem with you doing what you have to do, carry on.
Pretty sure I could use the same model I'm currently using there and have no problem.
As I said glad you feel as though your getting the best value you can, I feel good about the value I get too:beer-toast1:.

weisskopf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I said what I said based on my circumstances, would you say what you said if you were in mine...

As I said glad you feel as though your getting the best value you can, I feel good about the value I get too:beer-toast1:.

Thats true!

Different countrys - 180 degree different pricing makes the circumstances for everyone different for value etc....

Fordkong

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I seriously doubt this. When a stihl 261cm is $595.Husqvarna would be just giveing new sales to stihl. I just got a 261cm I want to run them side by side and sell the one I don’t like.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Its not easy to give a overall price differential here in the UK as prices can differ between dealers that have managed to price keenly .
My best shot at representing a average "Actual selling price difference " is approx £100.00 ( Inc tax) between the 565 and the 572 and less between the 545 Mk II and the 550 mk II at £50.00 (inc tax).
What the saws sell for as a 'whole' can have a big differences, so this can often be more useful than just the difference between the saws. Shopping around could get you into a 550 for 545 money.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag