New 10mm Ruger 1911

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last week I stopped in my LGS to look at a long slide Glock in 10mm.
Sitting in the case next to the Glock was one of the new Ruger 1911's in 10mm.
I had every intention of leaving with the Glock.....until I handled the Ruger.
The trigger was superb, breaking cleanly and without creep at 4.5lbs.
The bushingless bull barrel balanced the gun perfectly, at least for me.
I'd been wanting the Glock for a while but couldn't put the Ruger down. It just felt perfect in my hand.
I was afraid I was making a mistake, buying the Ruger, after convincing myself I wanted a Glock.
I loaded a couple hundred rounds of 180 fmj bullets over 8grs of Power Pistol and headed to my backyard range to see if the gun was as good as I hoped.
The Ruger didn't disappoint. This gun shoots. Recoil with the 180gr bullet at a little over 1,100 fps is quite manageable and double taps on a steel silhouette at 20 yds were easy to attain. Although I didn't shoot it on paper, after the initial sight in, I pounded the head of the silhouette target with boring regularity at 20 yds.
I ended up shooting most of the ammo I'd put together. I didn't have any malfunctions of any kind and the brass all landed in nice pile about 8' over my right shoulder.
I like this gun so much, I'm thinking of getting another.
image.jpg
This was the result of the first 15 shots, at 20 yds, after adjusting the sights.
image.jpg

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What will be left of all the plastic pistols so popular now, in a hundred years?
There are a lot of old 1911's around, still working fine.

My grandpa carried a 1911 service-issue sidearm through WW2, Korea, and eight years in Vietnam. He said the day he retired (1975) and turned that gun in he said he could shoot as straight with it as when it was issued to him in 1941. It'd been gone through and rebuilt several times over the years.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a nice little fist full of dymnamite.
How much does the extended, ported barrel help in taming recoil?
I fired both yesterday I can tell a difference in muzzle jump but I need to do more comparing the 2

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd been wanting the Glock for a while but couldn't put the Ruger down. It just felt perfect in my hand.
I was afraid I was making a mistake, buying the Ruger, after convincing myself I wanted a Glock.
I loaded a couple hundred rounds of 180 fmj bullets over 8grs of Power Pistol and headed to my backyard range to see if the gun was as good as I hoped.
The Ruger didn't disappoint. This gun shoots. Recoil with the 180gr bullet at a little over 1,100 fps is quite manageable and double taps on a steel silhouette at 20 yds were easy to attain. Although I didn't shoot it on paper, after the initial sight in, I pounded the head of the silhouette target with boring regularity at 20 yds.
I ended up shooting most of the ammo I'd put together. I didn't have any malfunctions of any kind and the brass all landed in nice pile about 8' over my right shoulder.
View attachment 77430
This was the result of the first 15 shots, at 20 yds, after adjusting the sights.
View attachment 77431
Nice Steve...!!

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice piece Mike, hope you didn't get that from some tire kickin' Yankee bastid...
10 mm is my favorite pistol round, shootem up Brother.

Russ
What 10mm are you shooting?

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Glad to see the 10 mm is making a comeback.i have a 29 gen 3 and a 20 gen1 the gen1s and 2s are in higher demand shoot better and are worth more then the 3 and 4 and the trigger is so much more smooth i will never get rid of that gen1.also have dads smith 1006 wich was first maker of the 10 mm. For fbi

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to see the 10 mm is making a comeback.i have a 29 gen 3 and a 20 gen1 the gen1s and 2s are in higher demand shoot better and are worth more then the 3 and 4 and the trigger is so much more smooth i will never get rid of that gen1.also have dads smith 1006 wich was first maker of the 10 mm. For fbi
I had a 1006 back in the mid 90's but traded it for a Python, which I still have. If mags weren't unobtanium now, I'd buy another 1006. Good shooting gun.
I'm going to get another 10mm but haven't decided if I want another Ruger, or something else. Probably should get another Ruger and call it good.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got a 1006 a mo 29 and a mo 20 if i get another id like a colt delta elite

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A now deceased friend had (almost, as I put a box through each) NIB Gen3 models of the 20 and 21C. They will both reside with me shortly. The 21 is the softest shooting .45 I've ever fired with ANY load and is pretty darn accurate, considering I don't like the grip or the trigger. The 20 honestly surprised me with how soft shooting and accurate it is. They, might be the last auto loading pistols that I buy, unless I also buy either a Sig P220, or a Sig Nightmare curved butt 1911...

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 77430
View attachment 77431

You still liking this weapon?