High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Need to vent

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ugh... The firewood business. Supply, check. Demand, check. Reliability?... Since starting my little firewood venture I've killed numerous chains, three bars, and three saws. In less than a year and almost added another this week though we will see how it withstands the rigors of this week. I've burned through a cs 6700 rest in pieces, ms310, and ms261. I have come to the conclusion that buying second hand from the pawn shop is dumb so I bought a brand spanking new 291. Had the fresh saw smell and everything, they told me I could double the warranty by running motomix so I bought a can and used that for break in. Dam thing ran a few minutes for break in then shut off wouldn't start.
Pulled and pulled, waited then pulled, left it sit over night then pulled, nothing. Took it to the dealer dam thing started second pull. :rolleyes: The 310 had bad gas in it guy said it had been sitting for three years and all it took was a tiny bit of seafoam in the tank fired right off. Maybe I'm expecting to much? But that purchase cut into my bottom line more than I really wanted :/ Anyway holy hell am I busy this year hope it pays off...

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New saw probably finicky on starting procedure. Dad love to hold throttle wide open and flood them. I've got a Stihl BP blower, choke and pull once, choke off and pull twice and it fires. If pull more than one time with choke on, it's flooded.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

junkman

Crush it
Local time
10:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those saws may be too small for doing firewood all day ,get a 70 cc pro saw like an ms440-460,461 or 441 and it wont work as hard and last longer ,the ones you are using are more homeowner couple cords a year type saws ,If you are doing it for a business good tools are requires ,sort of like an auto mechanic with taiwan type tools ,they work for a while but wont last .

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Find a good 70cc saw in the sale thread hear it gonna be a better deal than any where else.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what's the story on these dead saws of yours ? Any of them worth rebuilding? I just reread your first post and that Echo CS 6700 should of fit the bill as a prime work horse.