Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been looking for some new jeans preferably with suspender buttons. I've never had a pair of jeans like this before. I normally wear just uniform work pants or the George strait fit wranglers. Im tired of pulling up my pants, so I'm looking for something different. How are the sizing? True to size? Who makes the most comfy and best bang for the money. So far I have found key, wild ass, prison blues, and a few others. What's yalls recommendations?

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer Wearguard jeans from Aramark. Aramark has some great sales quite often. I use Hold-ups side clip suspenders. I have never had the suspenders slip.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had the aramark Jean's before at work, they ain't bad at all. How do the wild ass Jean's fit? @P.M.P. I wear a 33x32 but they only come in either a 32 or a 34.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
11:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had no issues seem to run right. If it were me I'd get the 34" They're stiff in beginning after a couple washes soften up nice like old Levi's. They take a beating love the suspender buttons. Got a couple pairs that don't have the double knees removed the buttons on them for normal wear with belt. Can't speak on other brands you mentioned but these I've got the most wear out of than anything else ever wore. They won't rip out like others do.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wild Ass and Prison Blues are the same and one of my favorites. Diamond Gusset is another good American made jean. Key is pretty good, make nice bibs if ya wanna go for the Randy look. Then there's The Duluth Trading Company's fire hose pants that are tough as nails. Big Bill's will hold up pretty fair. Anything at the Wally World is a complete waste of time and money.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Suspender buttons are cheap and easy to add to any pants you want. Does take a little time though. I usually wear Carhartt single front work pants and add the buttons.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dickys is good for summer ware. I seem to still be wearing Levis after all these years. Old dog...old tricks.

I needs me a thread update for messing with timber beams and posts. Firehose pants sounds about right. Plus I need new Carhart bibs. My second pair is now 34 years old and getting tired. The first pair got retired about twenty years ago. I don't wear them for everyday work. Just the nasty, rainy, snowy, *s-wordty job days. Trying to limit that to one a month now days. Been through a hand full of Carhart and Dicky work jackets. Wiped out a few heavy winter shop coats through the years. They never held up well but cost a ton for monogrammed custom coats. Too soft and they get caught on stuffs.

Considering sewing some old legs to some new ones or overlaying new Levis with something tough :pesas:but washable.
Nylon comes to mind.

Do suspenders wear well with climbing gear on?
Never use them but on my ridiculous climbing saddle. It weights too much

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several pairs of key overalls, and I love em. I still find myself putting the straps back on my shoulders after I make a cut. They are better than wearing a belt. Just wanting to try something different. I'm going to try a pair of the wild ass pants, and add some button to my already comfy wranglers.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wonder how well dickies material would hold up to suspender buttons.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have several pairs of key overalls, and I love em. I still find myself putting the straps back on my shoulders after I make a cut. They are better than wearing a belt. Just wanting to try something different. I'm going to try a pair of the wild ass pants, and add some button to my already comfy wranglers.
Add an X or cross to the suspenders. I had Carhart pants with regular suspenders when I was a kid.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cross the straps on the back (X) keeps in check no more skidding off the shoulder.

Last edited: