Need help wind blown barber chair

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a buddy at the department that had some trees that were blown over in a storm. He says the chair is about 12' up. Now I am a novice, I have enough knowledge to get myself in trouble. I am not a pro and I have never dealt with a barber chair. I can see there is a lot of pressure on the tree, but it needs to go.

What is the safest best way to deal with this?

It's down so do I just buck the down end to relieve pressure and deal with the chair at the end when there is much less pressure.
no pressure = much less issue right?

I just don't want to miss something as I have been lucky and while a novice I have never had this issue.

Thanks gents, Rye.

IMG_0475.JPG

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure I posted this in the proper area so if it need to move feel free, my bad.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I over thinking it and just treat it as a dropped tree that's hanging on the stump and buck it from far end knowing it's under pressure?

It's just going to be a little higher up, lol.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Start at the end on the ground. Use wedges to keep your bar free. By real carefull. Might have to do some undercuts every few feet. So it can break free. Determine which way that guy can roll if it breaks off. Stay from under it.
Even if you have to stand back Try to keep yourself clear stay on the end where you have some cut up so you can manouver away. Those things can be hazardous. You can use some of your firewood as a sorta jack stand Do you have access to a tractor? It's best to pull it down If not just make sure to stay where it cannot under any circumstances fall or roll onto you. May be able to use your truck to pull it down even. I've dealt with those most of them stay hooked to the stump. Just be ready in case that one doesn't want to

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you sir, I have chains and my truck, cummalongs, and we could borrow a grip hoist from work, all great ideas.
I have a little John Deere 2305 and she is very strong but she's light so I'm betting she will be more dangerous than useful. Shr can lift far more than she weighs and I don't want to go for a ride.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd agree with what others have said, if it was me I'd take the top out of it that's currently sat on the ground, then winch it off it's stump with at least 30' of winch bond rolled out to keep everyone well clear when she lets rip