High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Need a 21" push mower stat. Toro vs Honda vs ?

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
bad crank seals will make one drink more gas and a dirty muffler will make one smoke.
Oh it just drinks more being a two stroke and the smoke comes from my using a heavy mix of Blendzall as I love the smell.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I will have to look at mine to see if something's wrong then, though it's not any worse than my old one was as a teenager... It would give me white-finger too...

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i use super tech oil at 32:1 in mine with no smoke and only a little when the engine is cold.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been running Woodland Pro Syn at 32:1 - 40:1 depending on how much gas I throw in the can first. Not a lot of smoke and it runs very well in my Silver Series.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've run the Stihl ultra in mine at 32:1 and 40:1, no smoke but it stinks like burning metal. Nope, I prefer the bean oil thank you.

Darren Bush

OPE Member
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Snapper makes a couple that look nice but I don't know anything about the Briggs and Stratton engine that come on them: https://www.snapper.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/push-mowers/hi-vac-series-lawn-mowers.html#item_3

https://www.snapper.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/push-mowers/ninja-push-mower.html

I do like the Hondas but I would like a side discharge option. Honda doesn't offer that. But mulching is the main way I plan to mow.
The 4-5 hp Briggs and Stratton Quantum engines are really good in my opinion. I buy and sell used mowers all the time and I've found the Quantum to be reliable and easy to service/maintain.

Lawn-Boy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 4-5 hp Briggs and Stratton Quantum engines are really good in my opinion. I buy and sell used mowers all the time and I've found the Quantum to be reliable and easy to service/maintain.
I own a commercial Snapper HI VAC with a commercial Honda engine and a commercial Snapper Ninja with a commercial Briggs and Stratton engine and I prefer the Briggs engine. The Honda engine's recoil is problematic; grass and leaves get sucked into it requiring disassembly and cleaning on a regular basis.