High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My wife cut for the first time last weekend

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_1300.JPGSays she really liked it and that my 44 husky is hers when I get it back. Gonna have to buy her some pants and boots now, she's like 120lbs and I'm 240 so mine do more harm than good on her.

She did good for the first time ever running a saw. Got about half a load before she powered out. Started the saw on her own, and none of the blocks were so crooked they wouldn't stand on the splitting block so I think she did very well. She never let the chain hit the dirt either.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife if she was going to use a saw it would be on some one:eek:

And have no idea if this parlays to saws but my 60lb 10 year-old has no problem starting my Stihl BG 86c. That easy start thingy makes me thing something is broken ever time

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
026 I think may be a bit much. More like a 543 or 346 or something really light. The 44 is about right power wise but a pound or two lighter would be just right for her.

She's pretty awesome. She embraces everything I'm into and it really helps us to find time together. She even tried my mill once, pushing that 2100 with 36" bar through a tree ripping was a bit tough though!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
026 I think may be a bit much. More like a 543 or 346 or something really light. The 44 is about right power wise but a pound or two lighter would be just right for her.

She's pretty awesome. She embraces everything I'm into and it really helps us to find time together. She even tried my mill once, pushing that 2100 with 36" bar through a tree ripping was a bit tough though!
Don't forget and 2145/2150 red saws are just better

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's awesome...my wife will swing a maul all day with me but she won't touch a saw. They intimidate her and that's fine, I don't push it on her. Besides, not running a saw frees her up to mark logs ahead of me when I'm cutting:)

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
A wife who wants her own saw, and runs it well, is a real rarity and a keeper. Good on you both. (Takes two to tango.) Of all the lighter saws I've tried, the real standout is the Dolmar 421. Power, low vibes, reasonable weight, super durable, great value- IOW a no-brainer.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgive my nostalgia. I will never forget the day that my wife cut wood with me using a McCulloch Minimac 110 that I bought for her. I dropped a big dead oak with my Mac 610 Timberbear for firewood that we needed to heat the building we lived in. I bucked the big trunks and she helped cut the branches with the little Mac. Then I split the rounds with an 8-lb maul. We burned all of it that winter.

It was a great day in fall, 1978 and I will always remember it. Thanks for your attention to my story, thanks to OP for the post, and thanks to McCulloch for making a couple of good chain saws back then, some of which are still in use.