High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My Split Second Splitter was Delivered Today

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Great vids, thanks, but that safety feature is such a handbrake it's crazy. You've already had to deal with what many less-educated people would consider death machines, namely chainsaws. So if you can handle one of those safely, you most definitely have the requisite skills to handle a kinetic without needing the lawyer-induced safety feature that is the two handed operation. Seriously, if you ever can, please get on a Super Split (or disngage your safety feature) for a wee while, especially having built the experience you now have with a kinetic, and let us know what a PITA it is going back to the relative slowness of your one and that you really didn't appreciate how good the splitting could be until you got behind a Super Split.

If you want, I'll bet you $20 that if you got on a well set-up kinetic that didn't have that safety feature, and spent a bit of time getting used to the rhythm you can generate with one, you'll be seeking to disengage that safety feature on yours.

I might try over riding sometime. What I do now is pull the safety and let go after the rack is engaged. The my left is free to catch a split and split it or grab another piece. Sometimes I had to wait on the rack to return.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most hydraulic splitters are painfully slow!! This machine would be a pleasure to run!! Looks like it would be anyway.

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago hit 20 hours on it. I changed the oil and greased the rack. I also have been putting dry graphite on the beam. I think it will help minimize wear were the bearing run. The dry graphite also make it nice and slippery to slide the rounds on. The splitter is working out great. I love it.

Here is a pic from a couple weeks ago.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the Split Second Logsplitter website is no longer available; and the websites selling them say, "this item has been discontinued". Anybody know if there was a problem or just lack of sales?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the Split Second Logsplitter website is no longer available; and the websites selling them say, "this item has been discontinued". Anybody know if there was a problem or just lack of sales?
Interesting...as a SuperSplit HD owner, very curious myself!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I figured this is a splitter thread so here’s a Merican with a Honda gx390 we have at work. Hour meter broke a year ago at over 5,000 hours I believe. It’s probably pushing 6-7k now. The motor uses oil like a mfer now so I’m sure it’s time is coming up. Probably just re engine it and it’ll be good to go. Hydraulic lift. Motor doesn’t blow heat or exhaust on either side you stand like some I’ve used. Good splitter, can split pretty much every nasty piece out there I’ve come across. I don’t use the 4 way in the picture, too aggravating to use and pieces get stuck, the normal head is faster for uglier pieces.5D106846-880C-41D3-ADE5-0F44A633EB6F.jpeg

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The splitter isn't listed as a product on the manufacturers (Agri-Fab) website, although they do have a link to the splitter website which as noted above is dead. Perhaps they haven't decided to kill the product but maybe not sell it direct rather through other retailers? Has anyone asked Agri-Fab directy?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Texted Sean this morning, I believe he heads up sales at Agri-Fab if I remember correctly...great guy to deal with by the way. When I ordered the front stabilizer legs yr before last for my SS HD and it looked like they drug the stab legs behind the UPS truck all the way to mid-Ga, he immediately got involved and overnighted me a brand new set of stab legs the following day.

I asked in text conversation if the Split Second was still being manufactured or production has ceased on the units and didn't receive a direct answer. Asked if optional accessories, i.e. manual log lift, front stabilizer legs, etc were still available and they are. I guess it's open to translation right now as to whether or not the units will be mfg'd any longer...I reall don't know from his answer. I would think not since the question was not directly addressed, but I don't want to make an assumption and attempt to answer on Agri-Fab's behalf.