My little buddy

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My son has been showing a lot of interest in saws and cutting wood. I got the barn find Husky 136 running pretty good so I chapped him up and let him cut up the Christmas tree. After that he cut up some stove wood for work. He done pretty good and I helped him a little just to make sure he didn't loose a leg. I warmed it up and made him start it if he wanted to use it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 74

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was around that age when dad had me cutting "stove wood" on a set of saw horses he built so I kept the length right. I sent him this pic and he had a fit. I reminded him I was 7-8 when he taught me with a little Pioneer or Poulan. He told me that was me and this is his grandson!

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My son has been showing a lot of interest in saws and cutting wood. I got the barn find Husky 136 running pretty good so I chapped him up and let him cut up the Christmas tree. After that he cut up some stove wood for work. He done pretty good and I helped him a little just to make sure he didn't loose a leg. I warmed it up and made him start it if he wanted to use it!

Great job!

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It always a different story with your kids and dealing with your parents. Lol. Grandkids get the super special treatment it seems. I guess I only see one side of it as I have no kids or grandkids...that I know of anyways. That's great you are taking time to teach your kid the right way with Ppe. I think dad threw me the 038 at around age 8 or so and said you can learn to run it by starting it first. Lol. Good job on making him learn to start it on his own first.