My latest project

NYH1

Tactical Chainsaw Operator
Local time
10:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice cars here. Finally had our pole barn built. Still have to have the floor poured and put the doors in. Then I can work on my car.

'78 Camaro, SBC 383 stroker, TH350, 3.42 Duragrip posi. It'll have to due until I can get my '67 Chevelle or '71 GTX/Roadrunner or '69 Mustang or.....

NYH1.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'78 Camaro, SBC 383 stroker, TH350, 3.42 Duragrip posi. It'll have to due until I can get my '67 Chevelle or '71 GTX/Roadrunner or '69 Mustang or.....

NYH1.

Sold my 71 GTX a few years ago. Definitely regret it. It was a 440 4bbl car, hemi 4 speed, Track Pack (Dana 3.54), spoilers, air grabber, black on black. Very solid car and fairly unmolested.

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'71 GTX is my favorite Mopar.

Followed closely by a '67 GTX and '69 Super Bee. My uncle had one of each. Gave them to my cousins.

The GTX was in really good shape and didn't need much work. It's a 440 4 bbl, 4 sp, Dana 3.54, like a bronze color. The Super Bee needs a complete restoration. It's 440 Six Pack, 727, Dana 4.10, lime green, flat black lift off hood. He swapped the auto out for a 882 4 sp.

Awesome cars. He bought both cars new, sold them, bought them back and packed them for years. I begged him for one of them. He promised them to them though.

NYH1.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to the Mecum auction in Harrisburg Pa. last August and
there was a pristine 69 Super Bee Hemi 4 speed car. This car
was so nice you could eat off the underside. Impeccable car.

I'm heading to Indy on the 17th of this month to the Mecum auction.
Lots of nice stuff there.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My neighbor just left his unmolested black on black 66 Super Bee 383 stick with a rod out the side from burn outs, rot. It rotted into the field down back his place near the pig pen. It was done cowl and all. Shame...

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor just left his unmolested black on black 66 Super Bee 383 stick with a rod out the side from burn outs, rot. It rotted into the field down back his place near the pig pen. It was done cowl and all. Shame...

Can't like that but i'm sure he wasn't the only one with a dead motor in a nice muscle car
that got abandoned.
I was in NJ. a few years ago buying some NOS 69 Mustang parts from a car restorer and
behind his shop was a 69 Mustang Boss 429 that had been sitting there for years waiting
for the owner to want to start the resto.

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
]
Super Bee's were made from 68 to 71. The '68 through '70 models were built on the Cornet platform. The '71 model was built on the Charger platform. They made some Super Bee's on the mid 2000's Chargers, but who's counting...

Yeah, a lot of the old muscle cars were just left out to rot (some nice old trucks too). People had them and either thought they were going to do something with them someday or never really thought much about them.

NYH1.

Last edited:

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't like that but i'm sure he wasn't the only one with a dead motor in a nice muscle car
that got abandoned.
I was in NJ. a few years ago buying some NOS 69 Mustang parts from a car restorer and
behind his shop was a 69 Mustang Boss 429 that had been sitting there for years waiting
I use to drive truck in a past life. I delivered to a place where a guy had a '69 Boss 429 Mustang. One of the nicest I've ever seen.

He only drove it to work a few times a year. Mostly drove it around town and to shows around Central New York. Some of the CNY guys might have seen it. It was red and he lived north of Oneida Lake. Bernhards Bay/Cleveland area maybe. He had clear plexiglas rear mud flaps on it to keep from chipping the paint.

NYH1.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dads shop had many Boss Mustangs come through for repairs and some repaints. Dave Glekner (spelling) was the local guy in Indian Mills who collected and flipped them. 25k was big money in the eights for Boss cars.

Roys Bee would be a 68' then. I watched it grenade.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are correct about the T Bolt, but the 427 Fairlane's had a unique hood.

Hey something I just learned from my brother today. Did anyone know that the 1970 Cougar Eliminator 428 could be had with dealer installed (from 427) 2 X 4s, and solid lifter cam? I never heard of them! Must have been a mean machine!

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that got abandoned.
Any chance of you getting the Boss 429?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could have had one for $2,500 years ago, but it was Lime Green (likely very rare, but not my favorite color) and had a blown head gasket (they were NLA at the time), so no one wanted it!

I also passed on a factory 68 428 CJ Notch Back, I wanted a Fast Back! Hate to think how rare that car is!

Also passed on a 56 T Bird Port Hole roof for $900 ... Instead I purchased my 70 Boss 302 body for $800!. Can't say I regret that choice, it made a nice home for my 427 Ford Motor that I picked up while away at college!

Wish I had lots of money and a dry barn, but I had neither!

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to the Mecum auction in Harrisburg Pa. last August and
there was a pristine 69 Super Bee Hemi 4 speed car. This car
was so nice you could eat off the underside. Impeccable car.

I'm heading to Indy on the 17th of this month to the Mecum auction.
Lots of nice stuff there.

I took this car to Mecum Indy to sell. 70 GTO, Ram Air IV, M21, 4.33. Manual drums, manual steering, radio delete, bench seat! Pepper Green over black guts. I started the resto, but things got out of hand and I sent it to a buddy to finish. Won Best Concours Restored at 2011 GTO Association of America Nationals (beating out 93 other concours restored GTO's). Anyway, the car didn't sell at Mecum; went to a dealership in the midwest and they eventually sold it.

If the car looks familiar, it was featured in a few magazines.

IMG_2522.JPG

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are correct about the T Bolt, but the 427 Fairlane's had a unique hood.

Hey something I just learned from my brother today. Did anyone know that the 1970 Cougar Eliminator 428 could be had with dealer installed (from 427) 2 X 4s, and solid lifter cam? I never heard of them! Must have been a mean machine!

Never heard of that Mike. 427's were long gone in 1970. 68 was the last year
of production and was offered in the Cougars in the GTE model. Although
it was the low horse power 427 with a hydraulic cam. I seen a couple a few
years ago at the all Ford show in Carlisle Pa.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are currently 7 Boss 9's going off at Indy week end after next. It will be the
most I will see at one time. They are just mind blowing to see that monster motor
sitting under the hood.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I took this car to Mecum Indy to sell. 70 GTO, Ram Air IV, M21, 4.33. Manual drums, manual steering, radio delete, bench seat! Pepper Green over black guts. I started the resto, but things got out of hand and I sent it to a buddy to finish. Won Best Concours Restored at 2011 GTO Association of America Nationals (beating out 93 other concours restored GTO's). Anyway, the car didn't sell at Mecum; went to a dealership in the midwest and they eventually sold it.

If the car looks familiar, it was featured in a few magazines.

View attachment 123924
What style heads did this car have?