My First Stihl

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wes is a Husky guy so..... you should be convincing him to get rid of that darn creamsicle steel! :risas3:

38f20

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get a bar designed for your saw. Unless you have the proper equipment doing it by hand will never be good enough to mill the bar. Sell the Husqvarna bars you have that you don't need and get the correct bars.
I will probably end up getting a stihl bar eventually but it is a hobby for me and I wanted to see if I could do it. I cut a bit with it this weekend and that bar setup worked well. I won't be getting rid of my husky bars because I have too many saws that they fit. As far as not needing them, I don't need any of them, but I sure have fun working on/running them. When I started heating with wood only I was using a Homelite super ez and a Johnny Red 49sp that served me well, but cutting wasn't near as enjoyable as it is now.

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will probably end up getting a stihl bar eventually but it is a hobby for me and I wanted to see if I could do it. I cut a bit with it this weekend and that bar setup worked well. I won't be getting rid of my husky bars because I have too many saws that they fit. As far as not needing them, I don't need any of them, but I sure have fun working on/running them. When I started heating with wood only I was using a Homelite super ez and a Johnny Red 49sp that served me well, but cutting wasn't near as enjoyable as it is now.
As long as the oil holes on the bar align with the case oil slot, you should be OK. Good luck!