High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My First Post - Help with HT 131 needed

searcyfarms

New OPE Member
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello!!! - my first post - grew up on a farm and now have a hobby farm - 10 acres and well I have an issue with an HT131, friend borrowed it and thot it was hard to push in/out so decided to take apart shaft and grease it up a bit so i get this phone call and well........ - oh my so we have all these parts!!!! well I do now and I am trying to figure out how to get it back together before my wife finds out our 700+ investment is nonfunctional in pieces OMGosh!!!!

I fear doghouse is on the horizon - so I looked up a parts diagram and figured out what I think is the way the shafts go together because one way they do not slide all the way in and the other way they do - of course this is w/out the springs and things inside - the long splined shaft ( presuming this is the drive shaft - its hollow too not sure why ) is a weee bit bent but nothing major I don't think - how in the world does this all go back together, my best guess is nothing goes inside the end where you slide the small shaft into the outer rubber coated shaft. I feel like the splined shaft goes through all of those little black plastic bearings if you will and the springs in between the black bearings. does it matter which way they go into the shaft housing? one end of the black bearing piece is pretty flat with the splines right at the edge of it where the shaft goes in and the other end of the black bearing thing is recessed/hollow an inch or two before it gets to the bearing w/splines - i cant see that it makes any difference regarding where the springs ride as they do not go down into the recessed portion of the black bearing pieces.

The shaft looks a little different than mine on the parts list and im not quite sure of the snap ring thing either, i noticed the snap ring in the picture but don't see it on the shaft - maybe my friend lost it when everything came apart - so i have attempted to slide the smaller round shaft ( part with the saw/chain end on it ) into the larger piece ( wrapped in black rubber), then slide in a black bearing from the motor end inside the larger shaft, then a spring then another bearing then a spring ( it appears the last spring rides against the black bearing piece at the end of the motor drive - i tried to leave the shaft out a little but then cant get the small shaft to come all the way down inside the larger shaft, it lacks a couple feet - grrrrrr and then the springs are trying to come out when i push it down farther and so much pressure i cant get the splined shaft to go into the motor drive bearing part, how far does it supposed to go into the motor part, does the snap ring part hold something up on the bearing/spring that goes up in there or is it for something else ? is the snap ring supposed to be towards the motor drive end? it kinda looks like it does to me in the picture - anyway this is about the best i have gotten so far - wow what a doozie it is - but i must keep trying!!! I am a stubborn 51 y/o farm boy and fixed a lot in my life but this has me stumped - i am sure i have to be getting close but i know there are those of you way smarter than me that have the special combo that works to getting these back together - i tried stihl today but with no luck - im too proud to take it to a shop just yet so somebody help me out please - thanks in advance, Robert

searcyfarms

New OPE Member
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
update - well I am getting closer kinda.............I got it together and figured out how to get it to compress fully but when I extend the shaft it pulls the drive/star shaft out of the motor so it stops driving the chain - I am wondering in what position the clip on the shaft goes - I am presuming the clip has something to do with stopping the shaft from coming out when pulled on ? I did put the last black bearing block above the clip as it appears with the spring tension it stays up there anyway but just thot I would ask.

I can at least trim some stuff around here so long as I don't extend it for now - all of the spring/bearing blocks are in the lower end up inside I did not put any in the upper end where the smaller shaft goes in, does that sound right?