High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My FarmerTec G 388

trapper55

OPE Member
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Fellas I just put a OEM intake Boot & clamp on my FarmerTec G388 & when I go to rev the engine up it sometimes will just bog down I have double checked the intake boot & clamp & it isn't leaking no where around the boot or clamp my G388 isn't even 6 months old yet I did change fuel filters & put another filter on the fuel line instead of the orginial one it is a good bit bigger than the one I put in when I put on the replacement boot & clamp would this make it bog down fellas?? I don't want to run it until I find out what is going on with my G388 I just cut enough firewood for the winter & the saw isn't being used very much I haven't cut 2 good loads yet with the saw I need ya'll's help yet again fellas

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The low speed could be too rich or lean. Too rich will cause slow sputtery revving, too lean will cause it to try to immediately die when revving. Most saws experience the lean condition when first started for the day if they haven't been allowed to fast idle for long enough. People think it needs warming up, but it just needs time to build some tank pressure and purge air bubbles.

You can try screwing in the low speed an 1/8 turn at a time to see if that helps or unscrew it (richer), then fine tune from there

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree sounds just like a tune issue. If it bogs at throttle the L screw needs to be opened up or backed out for more fuel. It's starving on fuel when you open it up. Like said turn it 1/8 or so while running, grab throttle and see what it does, keep turning it till it doesn't big and responds best. Too much it will not out while ideling though. There is a balance you need to find.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

trapper55

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank You & i will do that and i will post the results on here

trapper55

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fellas the carburetor screen where the fuel goes into the carburetor was clogged up tight with saw dust it wasn't the L after all I am glad thank ya'll fellas for your help

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe get a better fuel filter like one of the big hard white ones.