High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My buddy tried to steal my 421

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I hadn't seen my buddy for quiet some time and he recently bought some acreage. He gave me a call asking if I would help him clean it up. So a eagerly loaded my Saws and headed up. He has a very clean Husqvarna 44 , the one with a white top. Anyways after running it for 10 min or so it starts bogging out and dieing. Me not wanting to spend the day working on his saw i just hand him my little dolmar 421 and I grab my 6100. Now everything we are cutting is sub 10 in with tons of 1-3in brush crap and thorny locust. (Real crappy stuff)
I quickly go over the layout of the saw and tell him to just slowly pull the start cord. Of course the saw fires right up and away he goes. The rest of the day if I wanted to see my little 421 I had to just watch at a distance as he just went to town. Lol
He fell in love at the first pull start. I had to get him drunk enough I could slip the saw out of his hands be for I could sneak off. Lol
These Dolmars just have a way of converting people. He never once thought it was heavy or fat or not powerful enough . Listening to how he was bragging and describing the 421 to his wife at dinner, I know there is probably going to be a $300 purchase discussion in their near future.
For the time being every time I go to leave after helping I will have to make sure there isn't a old white top 44 in the place where the 421 is supposed to be.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I hadn't seen my buddy for quiet some time and he recently bought some acreage. He gave me a call asking if I would help him clean it up. So a eagerly loaded my Saws and headed up. He has a very clean Husqvarna 44 , the one with a white top. Anyways after running it for 10 min or so it starts bogging out and dieing. Me not wanting to spend the day working on his saw i just hand him my little dolmar 421 and I grab my 6100. Now everything we are cutting is sub 10 in with tons of 1-3in brush crap and thorny locust. (Real crappy stuff)
I quickly go over the layout of the saw and tell him to just slowly pull the start cord. Of course the saw fires right up and away he goes. The rest of the day if I wanted to see my little 421 I had to just watch at a distance as he just went to town. Lol
He fell in love at the first pull start. I had to get him drunk enough I could slip the saw out of his hands be for I could sneak off. Lol
These Dolmars just have a way of converting people. He never once thought it was heavy or fat or not powerful enough . Listening to how he was bragging and describing the 421 to his wife at dinner, I know there is probably going to be a $300 purchase discussion in their near future.
For the time being every time I go to leave after helping I will have to make sure there isn't a old white top 44 in the place where the 421 is supposed to be.
Thats a nice little tale ....helping a friend out doing something that is enjoyable is a fine thing. Sounds familiar to me as well Corey....sold 2 recently by just getting the guys to start them from cold and then from warm . :)

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My father in law has a 6400 and says it's getting to be too much for him and what he does at 65 years old with shoulders ruined from hauling cars with a screamin Detroit for 30 years.

I let him use my 346NE with no time limit on him to return it. But yesterday I was telling him to look at the 421. He told me he talked with the dealer who sold him the 6400 a few years back (a small hole in a wall kind of shop) and the guy said he could send him home with a 421 for $275 out the door! I told him to buy two at that price!

I've never run one, but if I ever get the hankerin for something smaller than my 346 it will be a 421 coming home. Just the fact its a mag case saw for the price it is makes it the clear choice for me. I say all of this based on testimony like this thread right here. I get the feeling that Pops might just go pick one up after talking to me about it. :)

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree completely, the only other choice to me is a 241cm and the price difference makes the 421 way more practical, I might even be able to buy 2x 421 for the price of a 241cm. The husqvarna 543xp isn't even made by husqvarna, and a few friends here who bought them have had nothing but problems.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't seen rave reviews on the 543 for the most part. Early on there were a few who tried them and said they do wake up after several tanks of fuel but now what do we see about them?? Pretty much nill... And the price, yikes! I bleed orange, but in that size class it's the Dolly all the way for me, and I haven't even run one yet!

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree completely, the only other choice to me is a 241cm and the price difference makes the 421 way more practical, I might even be able to buy 2x 421 for the price of a 241cm. The husqvarna 543xp isn't even made by husqvarna, and a few friends here who bought them have had nothing but problems.
I got a 543 nib for about the same price as the 421. I'm very happy with it for limbing and sub 6". Light, reliable and cuts fine with sharp chain. 6-12" I use a ported MS261. All good.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got a 543 nib for about the same price as the 421. I'm very happy with it for limbing and sub 6". Light, reliable and cuts fine with sharp chain. 6-12" I use a ported MS261. All good.
Anybody do a shootout between the two yet? I'd be curious about how the 543 stacks up to the venerable 421. And if the 543 prices have moved down to become more competitive with the 421 then that would make the shootout that much more interesting

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody do a shootout between the two yet? I'd be curious about how the 543 stacks up to the venerable 421. And if the 543 prices have moved down to become more competitive with the 421 then that would make the shootout that much more interesting

When you mod the muffler on a 543 it gains BIG , i tuned mine to 14 grand after the muffler mod and it was night and day over stock , especially after it got good and loose.

Id like to see how they compare too.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
When you mod the muffler on a 543 it gains BIG , i tuned mine to 14 grand after the muffler mod and it was night and day over stock , especially after it got good and loose.

Id like to see how they compare too.
If you want to send me yours for a bit I will compare it side by side to my 421.
Lol