My 562XP has a bad bog

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had stihls software everything checked out before hand but there was so much wear in the components it would run right after it was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it ported?

Here is the carb and unit, the little screwdriver is pointing at the throttle position sensor.
View attachment 52749

Yes sir. It is ported. I've had to close up the space between the magnet and the sensor on the TPS before. But that was when swapping a 44 over to a 46 if memory serves.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK.......I remembered something I had done to these saws when the EL46 first come along. At that time the bog issue was pretty bad a lot of times. I found that I could swap the module and TPS parts off of a 46 onto a 44 and shim out the magnets to use a 44 with the 46 coil and stuff. Well......as luck would have it, I just happened to have a blown up early 562 with a 44. I just swapped the parts around......and the bog is no more.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you figured out the issue again. [emoji106]

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well.....I really didn't figure out anything Jeff. I just swapped some parts and made it work. Knowing why it was bogging like that with the EL46 is what I really want to know.

I thought you said it was an EL48? I know the EL44 carb did not have enough air bleed and it cause the computer to lean the idle out too much to get the idle RPM it wanted, then it wouldn't have enough fuel to accelerate and bog.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought you said it was an EL48? I know the EL44 carb did not have enough air bleed and it cause the computer to lean the idle out too much to get the idle RPM it wanted, then it wouldn't have enough fuel to accelerate and bog.

I did a fat finger job on the keys Shaun. It had the EL46 on it.

I've swapped these around like this several times, and they always work good. Sorta makes it a mutt though.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, is the computer on the carb or in the coil? We were talking about these a couple of weeks ago, and was told it was in the coil, but now you have me wondering...

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK.......I remembered something I had done to these saws when the EL46 first come along. At that time the bog issue was pretty bad a lot of times. I found that I could swap the module and TPS parts off of a 46 onto a 44 and shim out the magnets to use a 44 with the 46 coil and stuff. Well......as luck would have it, I just happened to have a blown up early 562 with a 44. I just swapped the parts around......and the bog is no more.
Any pics of the shimming?

Local jonsered dealer said something similar to what you told me.

Lower the meter lever on the 46. Just a fuzz. Makes sense on the rich off idle.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any pics of the shimming?

Local jonsered dealer said something similar to what you told me.

Lower the meter lever on the 46. Just a fuzz. Makes sense on the rich off idle.

Just a couple of layers of card stock under the piece the fits in the throttle shaft. Nuttin fancy.