ms880 clone

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The boss ( or so he says he’s the boss ) is on the farmatec Facebook group. Maybe worth pointing him to a few threads here, but I would think he’s been sniffing around reading already...

There was a thing he said about there Oiler’s Facebook not working as well as stihls, that’s why they were only recommending a shorter bar than stihl would..he also said about the oil ratio.... ummm,,, this not an oil thread.... so I will say no more...lol.

I think I will be getting one of these big beasts...just because...I’ve not done a clone so far and. The price only goes up. Well that’s what’s happened so far with all the other saws..

Pre built or parts saw.... I’d like the best parts! But what best parts they would be . I guess I will have to see what they do, from now till they go on sail..

Ohh andwhat a bout a 880 build thread, like the 660 rice burners. That would be cool....

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The boss ( or so he says he’s the boss ) is on the farmatec Facebook group. Maybe worth pointing him to a few threads here, but I would think he’s been sniffing around reading already...

There was a thing he said about there Oiler’s Facebook not working as well as stihls, that’s why they were only recommending a shorter bar than stihl would..he also said about the oil ratio.... ummm,,, this not an oil thread.... so I will say no more...lol.

I think I will be getting one of these big beasts...just because...I’ve not done a clone so far and. The price only goes up. Well that’s what’s happened so far with all the other saws..

Pre built or parts saw.... I’d like the best parts! But what best parts they would be . I guess I will have to see what they do, from now till they go on sail..

Ohh andwhat a bout a 880 build thread, like the 660 rice burners. That would be cool....
The clones you have to run more oil in you're mix know surprise that the 880 wouldn't be any different run them at 32:1 and they will live on the bar oilers they all suck just modify the oilers and watch that oil run out quick.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They must really suck, I modded my 660 oiler during assembly, and it still struggles to get half a tank of oil to a tank of gas with a 7t rim. I'll have to mod it more.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They must really suck, I modded my 660 oiler during assembly, and it still struggles to get half a tank of oil to a tank of gas with a 7t rim. I'll have to mod it more.
I just got finished modify a farmertec oil pump for the ms660 it will come pretty close to empty at the same time as fuel.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Did measure the stroke before and after..? I did and it didn’t move enough after the 1st grind so I grind more.

Last edited:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was concerned with going too far. I got a full tank of oil to a half tank of gas first try on my 2188, so I went easy on it. At least it can be adjusted back to a half tank. On the 660 I ground the shaft steeper, and increased the adjustment screw travel.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was concerned with going too far. I got a full tank of oil to a half tank of gas first try on my 2188, so I went easy on it. At least it can be adjusted back to a half tank. On the 660 I ground the shaft steeper, and increased the adjustment screw travel.
I modded mine and got it to work. However it seemed like it had stopped producing as much last week. Took it about and the cam was alittle worn maybe the parts are just case hardened. So I ordered the highflow parts from a dealer and shoved them in the old body.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All 8 series were and still are limited. Get a 361 coil to solve your problem if really you think you have one with 12.500 spinning 125cc engine

A lot of the ported 880s are moving @ 13k The old 088 which weren't limited ran 12,500. So 500 more rpm isn't that big of a leap when it comes to porting.

Last edited:

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of the ported 880s are moving @ 13k The old 088 which weren't limited ran 12,500. So 500 more rpm isn't that big of a leap when it comes to porting.

Woods porting is not rpm but a wider powerband. User pending

Anyway whatever you think or want from a ground saw find your preferable builder to fix it for you.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t mind a limited coil. Cheap insurance.

But they are a PITA for tuning.

Properly barred and loaded, a saw won’t be turning over 12k in wood.

For racing a 16” bar with an 880, I can see the merit of an unlimited coil.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
are they here yet. I love kit stuff. Where's Heathkit when you need them.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
are they here yet. I love kit stuff. Where's Heathkit when you need them.
Nope, it's suppose to be release towards end of year. Some good news that I didn't post they were asking us recommendations on oiler and it sounds like we are getting the long stroke high output one.