High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS661 maxflow question

Coolcraigster26

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Want to get a maxflow filter for MS661 but want to run the stock cover. Is this possible. Just can't stand the way the black cover looks. I've seen some people modifying the stock filter and wrapping maxflow around it. Will I loose any performance by doing that? Thanks

Last edited:

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could paint the black one orange. Or run it without the filter cover. I don't think you're gonna get the stock one over a maxflow.

Alternatively, if you think it looks bad, check out what the maxflow for an 064 looks like. That 661 cover will look super by comparison.

esminbritt

Ramstihl
Local time
6:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just installed the new MaxFlow filter and want to use the stock cover because it has the summer/winter plates to change. The OEM cover fits tight but so does the black cover. The stock cover also looks better but I dont really care much about that.

esminbritt

Ramstihl
Local time
6:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just installed the MaxFlow on the 661c. I want to use the OEM cover because it has the summer/winter plates. The stock cover fits snug but so does the black MaxFlow cover. They look like the same size to me. I also like the way the orange cover looks better but I dont care much about that.