High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ms661 bars

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is there any stihl dealers here I can buy bars?
The cheapest place to get Stihl bars is usually local. Shipping is just crazy on bars 28" loa and up. If you can, find guys who do testing or go shop your local haunts that might have some in stock. Bought all mine used and then tlc.
The only new ones I bought were down the shore one day I mashed the 14" on the 200T. Also bought on new Stihl 3005 16" for a small ground saw once. The bar types are quite mixed now after years of deals here and there. Trade works to.
The tail and the sprocket is what you want to be checking besides the rails for damage,wear and small cracks. The rails can dressed and pinched. For the right deal a sprocket replacement is well worth it. Relatively cheap and easy for a long bar. Most dealers have scrap piles.

bottlefed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Amazon is another option if you have prime (free delivery) I got a 28" Oregon bar and chain (LGX full comp) for 74 dollars to my door.

Also got a 30 dollar chain grinder from Harbor Freight and although its no Oregon 520-120, I have been really happy with it and have gotten good results....sure beats hand filing :)

Coolcraigster26

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I wanna sell my 36 es and get an es light. And add a 28 es light. Dealer only wants to sell me what he has in stock which is the standard es bars.

odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wanna sell my 36 es and get an es light. And add a 28 es light. Dealer only wants to sell me what he has in stock which is the standard es bars.

If you're not dead set on staying "brand specific" (i.e. it's gotta be a Stihl bar) you could simply buy a Sugihara 28 and 36. Take the cash you saved over buying Stihl brand bars and get yourself a Max Flow setup. Heck, you can prolly grab a spare muffler (and be money ahead) just in case the powerhead needs sending back to the mothership at some point down the road.

Mod the original muff, mount the Max Flow and go cut down the forest!!! :coleman:

FWIW, both the Sugi's and the Tsumura bars are top quality. I would never think twice about buying one.

Coolcraigster26

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you're not dead set on staying "brand specific" (i.e. it's gotta be a Stihl bar) you could simply buy a Sugihara 28 and 36. Take the cash you saved over buying Stihl brand bars and get yourself a Max Flow setup. Heck, you can prolly grab a spare muffler (and be money ahead) just in case the powerhead needs sending back to the mothership at some point down the road.

Mod the original muff, mount the Max Flow and go cut down the forest!!! :coleman:

FWIW, both the Sugi's and the Tsumura bars are top quality. I would never think twice about buying one.
yes I ordered a tsumura 28" and still deciding on the maxflow. Just don't like the black cover. Can you use the factory cover with the maxflow filter?

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes I ordered a tsumura 28" and still deciding on the maxflow. Just don't like the black cover. Can you use the factory cover with the maxflow filter?

I believe that you can't, I think that the filter is much bigger! I don't have one but would like to get a max flow setup! You could paint it orange!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like topless things but not saws. If it rains your screwed.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well then cover it or dont worry about color if you're cutting in the rain.....
Same for velocity stacks uni’s and whatnot, ok for my own use because I take care of my saws, but they wouldn’t last a day with a tree service before torn off or left in back of a pickup in the rain lol. Just trying to be realistic. I guess it depends on the situation.

Last edited:

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 like new Stihl bars I want to sell.

A 32" and a 36".

Both are ES Stihl Bars. Hardly any time on them. Will ship....