Ms660 jigsaw

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe they were on sale for the month of June, through Huztl.

However if I wanted one, I would contact Bruce (Gentleman) … send him a PM, see if they are still available through group purchase.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe they were on sale for the month of June, through Huztl.

However if I wanted one, I would contact Bruce (Gentleman) … send him a PM, see if they are still available through group purchase.

I'm shaving a dime and stretching a dollar. I'd like to get it with that Moob cylinder but have no clue if its still available.
Isn't that the way you bought yours?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, through the group purchase, was very reasonable. I would contact Bruce and see if they are still available. Can't hurt!

Price is great, and saves a ton on shipping.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All this talk about the Ms660 makes me want to get just one more. Lol. :angel2: but I got to keep my little woman happy to. Lol. :embarazada:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any news on how these are holding up and/or tweaks and tips if one were to purchase one before Christmas?
If you're serious about building one there are hit and miss on some of the parts but can be replaced with oem Stihl parts they are fun to build. They just came out with a saw that's more or less ready to go but running it I've noticed some of the problems that the kit saws have this one has like the gas and oil caps leak and the high idle don't work because the throttle trigger is just a bit short where it makes contact with the on off switch lever but that's cheap stuff to go buy at a stihl dealer the one that I'm testing out runs pretty strong after a mild muffler mod and of course will I had the muffler off I looked to see how the port shapes look on the upper transfers and the exhaust and I got to say not to bad. IMG_20181021_154717.jpg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw those, attractive price for a running saw. Surprised the EPA allows their sale!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I know but you can still buy saw at home depot that have Husqvarna engines and Lowes that I wouldn't call EPA friendly either lol but I got to tell you this thing runs good for what it is.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Luck with it, keep us posted. I presume it is the Huztl P+C, so I'm surprised it runs that well.
Me to the ports on this cylinder is why nicer than the ones that came in my kit's I'll keep you posted and I'll most likely be doing a mild port job on it so I'll post some pics of the ports before I start messing with them. Lol

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me to the ports on this cylinder is why nicer than the ones that came in my kit's I'll keep you posted and I'll most likely be doing a mild port job on it so I'll post some pics of the ports before I start messing with them. Lol

Is it still chugging long? How many tanks is it on?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it still chugging long? How many tanks is it on?
It still lives I ported it and it's got Ciber rings in it to and oem Stihl ristpin and baring it's got six tanks through it very healthy saw for what it is oh and the master control switch and trigger is oem Stihl now to. After those changes I think it will live a long life.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The standard crank rod bearings aren't so hot uh?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The standard crank rod bearings aren't so hot uh?
There using a different ristpin bearing that looks like a oem bearing now but different in color so who knows it might be OK but the ristpin is still to soft it shows ware within three tanks of run time so I just put oem Stihl ristpin and bearing in it.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The blue thang is now 2 hunert and fiddy bucks. Super tempting, because to me that's 2 hunerd and fifteen euros...delivered.
But having to pull it apart and put in new crank bearings not sound so fun since I never done it. And we know the estate I work on is gonna eat that thing up :(
But I guess there's always the microwave...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently, they are different from the kit saws, so I'm not sure if they have the same weaknesses.

And if anything does go wrong, we are here to help!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of a pin going bad, just the bearings. One went on me after about 10 tanks (660 clone), but I was milling some thick Red Oak with it at the time.
I'll take a picture of the older kit ristpin barring and the new one that there using now in the blue saw's and in the kits. :beer-toast1:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for the wait lol I all most forgot. Here's the difference between the new and old the one on the left is the old farmertec kit baring and the one on the right is the new one for the blue saw and kits that there sending over now. IMG_20181126_103415.jpg