Ms660 big bore. Yeah I know.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as I was going to get timing numbers for you guys I got a surprise that JB weld did not work so don't do it now my saw is back apart I took all the JB weld out of the exhaust port I'm going to run it with the free port issue with out base gasket and see what it does. Then I'll give timing numbers if I feel it's worth it other wise I'll stick the 54mm back on it.lol

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as I was going to get timing numbers for you guys I got a surprise that JB weld did not work so don't do it now my saw is back apart I took all the JB weld out of the exhaust port I'm going to run it with the free port issue with out base gasket and see what it does. Then I'll give timing numbers if I feel it's worth it other wise I'll stick the 54mm back on it.lol
Are the hy-way bb p/c kits decent?

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My hyway BB didn't have any free porting issue even without the base gasket. I wonder how the HyWay kit compares to the Farmertec kit? And how those compare to the Cross MMWS kit? My 660 kit is a project to see what the average Joe without a lathe, mill or porting tools can do to put together a higher than stock performing saw with basic tools. Right now my 660 kit has a MMWS cylinder with a popup piston and no base gasket. Max flow air filter, 020 shaved flywheel key, gutted dual port muffler. When it warms up will try to get a video of it in a big stump.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are the hy-way bb p/c kits decent?
Have never tried them Im not a big fan of the big bores in general because never really though there was a reason for them I'm trying the big bore on the 660 just to prove a point if there good or bad so far I believe they could be a good option if they had no freeporting and good squish but until they resolve those issues I don't think they are worth spending the money on.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My HyWay kit had no free porting and with no base gasket it had about .017 squish and 187psi compression. It definately had more power than stock but it just sucked too much gas.
I just got test saw back together no base gasket free port's a little bit after I took all the JB weld out granted I did a little bit of port work to it imprest me today now I'm going to have to get port timing numbers.lol . But still love the fuel idles fin most guys are saying that they are hard to get to idle but maybe the way I ported it made it easier to toon not sure I'll know more once I take down the port timing numbers and see how the numbers come pare to my other ported cylinders. But I will be putting this saw up against my other Saw's. That will tell me if I'm full of shhh or not lol.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well had to help my little woman for work this morning and I was hoping to get timing numbers for you guys today but I'm going to work with her.lol. but I did manage to get the squish this morning it's 15th on the tightest and 16th on the loose yeah that's on the tight side I've never pushed squish that tight before but it seems to like it and it will make you think twice about polling it over to.lol

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My HyWay kit had no free porting and with no base gasket it had about .017 squish and 187psi compression. It definately had more power than stock but it just sucked too much gas.
I like saws that guzzle mix.. Means they are cuttn sumsabishes.
My ported 394 I got put together late last yr, thanks to fellow members supplying sum parts and the ol'saw wrencher buddy of mine working his magic on the carb.
That thing is a gas hog!
Burned bout 10 tanks (2 1/2 gal) in 4hrs of nonstop noodling on a 3ft black oak log in feb.
There is still blocks of wood frozen in under that mountain of chips, get em out in may I hope..

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I realise that I told you guys that I would get port timing numbers for you but been here there everywhere but I haven't forgotten and I'm hoping to get some time tomorrow and FYI I finely found the jet that I kept out of reach from myself yeah for some reason I hid it lol I had for different sized jets and the one I was hoping to try first wound up being the last one and the saw loves it to it's the smaller one out of the bunch and now she's toond 13500 at 3/4 turns out on the high side so I decided its good enough. Just in case you're wondering why I've been busy I'll show you this is a 200t that a buddy of mine just bought and yeah hesh not happy funny thing is all the bearings are fine.but ive already figured out that someone did a no no.IMG_20190318_174342.jpg IMG_20190318_174417.jpg

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok drum roll......... Here's the port timing numbers and squish. Ex-100 tr-130 in-87or88 squish 16 this is all with no base gasket. And let me tell you the compression will make you think about pulling that saw over big time

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sand a bit from band, or run .016 if it’s on the money.

I’ve heard from reliable sources that some old 066 left the factory at .017.

Epoxy the intake and start with classic numbers, 100/120/80. See what you think.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok drum roll......... Here's the port timing numbers and squish. Ex-100 tr-130 in-87or88 squish 16 this is all with no base gasket. And let me tell you the compression will make you think about pulling that saw over big time
When I had the BB kit on mine got about the same squish with 187psi. Compression. Had to drill the decomp out to make it work. Today going out and see how the new MMWS cylinder with a popup piston works.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I had the BB kit on mine got about the same squish with 187psi. Compression. Had to drill the decomp out to make it work. Today going out and see how the new MMWS cylinder with a popup piston works.
It should run strong. FyF I don't use decomp valves on any saw ivI' seen to many bad things do to them things and I feel if I can't start a saw without one then I don't need to run one anymore.lol. but that's just me.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It should run strong. FyF I don't use decomp valves on any saw ivI' seen to many bad things do to them things and I feel if I can't start a saw without one then I don't need to run one anymore.lol. but that's just me.
Took the 660 and the 361 out today. The BB 361 ran really well but the 660 just ate like a big dog. Bucking up a bunch of 12 to 18 inch hickory and ash the MMWS660 went through it like butter. When I had the BB kit it ran good. With the MMWS cylinder and popup piston it has better torque and doesn't suck gas like the BB. I have never had any probs with decomp valves. If I didn't have one on both these saws i would probably break the starters and have a myocardial infarction. Just for fun I let people try to start the 660 with the decomp not set.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took the 660 and the 361 out today. The BB 361 ran really well but the 660 just ate like a big dog. Bucking up a bunch of 12 to 18 inch hickory and ash the MMWS660 went through it like butter. When I had the BB kit it ran good. With the MMWS cylinder and popup piston it has better torque and doesn't suck gas like the BB. I have never had any probs with decomp valves. If I didn't have one on both these saws i would probably break the starters and have a myocardial infarction. Just for fun I let people try to start the 660 with the decomp not set.
I've done a little bit of portting on my big bore so that could be a big difference from being a slig and a monster the big bores suck in stalk form but after some port work they come to life and run like they should. But I'm glad you're new setup work out for you Mastermind knows his stuff.