Ms462 unlimited coil?

Bullets

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently got a ms462 standard carb and it's great.
I did a muffler mod and timing advance and as reported by others made it run even better.
I was curious if I could get a unlimited coil for it does anyone know?

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw pretty much screams right out of the box. mods that you did increased it that.

If it were me, I send it off to have it ported to get more torque that way you can enjoy more power being in the safe Zone without hurting the crank bearings.

Bullets

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw pretty much screams right out of the box. mods that you did increased it that.

If it were me, I send it off to have it ported to get more torque that way you can enjoy more power being in the safe Zone without hurting the crank bearings.
I really like it the way it is I just would like the unlimited coil for tuning and piece of mind it sounds similar to four stroking when it hits the limiter it's kindove a fine line between the two.
I have it running a bit Rich
But if and when I get a air leak I want to be able to catch it I will hear if it's running lean better and faster with a unlimited coil I think

isaaccarlson

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Limited coils have a purpose, but I haven’t figured it out yet. All they do for me is make tuning a headache because every saw I own turns faster than stock.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I recently got a ms462 standard carb and it's great.
I did a muffler mod and timing advance and as reported by others made it run even better.
I was curious if I could get a unlimited coil for it does anyone know?
You can swap out the coil with any 1128 unlimited coil from the 044/046 family, as well as many others from the 024 on up to the 660. You will likely need to unscrew the plug wires and change them as most models use slightly different lengths.

EDIT!!! I somehow read 461, not 462. Everything I just said is only true for the 461.

Last edited:

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow
You can swap out the coil with any 1128 unlimited coil from the 044/046 family, as well as many others from the 024 on up to the 660. You will likely need to unscrew the plug wires and change them as most models use slightly different lengths.
Wow. The 462 can still use 1128 family coil? I should stack up every oem unlimited 1128 coil from now on.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, we have all done it … thanks for the correction. Sometimes I think
they are talking about a Stihl when they are talking about a Husky, etc!!!

Last edited: