MS462 FOR SALE IN GERMANY

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This spruce is pretty soft, I know, I have the same here. Honestly, I"m not impressed by the saw in this video.

But obviously, it's running a poor factory sharpened chain and the user isn't really good.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to try it pretty soon in real conditions.

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This spruce is pretty soft, I know, I have the same here. Honestly, I"m not impressed by the saw in this video.

But obviously, it's running a poor factory sharpened chain and the user isn't really good.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to try it pretty soon in real conditions.
The rumours coming out about its testing over the last year are pretty exciting, (and a bit hard to believe).

Apparently good balance with a light 28", and is pulling 28" 404 in (some of the softer) Aussie hardwood. Replacing 90cc saws and the loggers are happy.

If the weight is correct I'll buy one, hard not to be excited about close to 562 weight and 70cc.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rumours coming out about its testing over the last year are pretty exciting, (and a bit hard to believe).

Apparently good balance with a light 28", and is pulling 28" 404 in (some of the softer) Aussie hardwood. Replacing 90cc saws and the loggers are happy.

If the weight is correct I'll buy one, hard not to be excited about close to 562 weight and 70cc.
A 6kgs powerhead well balanced with a "28 bar? Hard to believe.!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The following is a Google Translate version of an article on a German arborculture site. Some interesting news on the M-tronic system and new calibration techique:

Stihl has presented its new MS 462 CM chain saw for professional forestry applications. Its engine weight of only 6 kg makes it according to the manufacturer to the lightest high-performance saw in the 70 cm 3 -hub space class. Further attention is given to the further developed engine management system M-Tronic and an improved engine concept.

The system weight of the MS 462 CM, ie the weight of the untanked engine unit including cutting equipment, is just 7.3 kg with the Rollomatic ES Light guide rail with 50 cm cutting length and the 3/8 "Rapid Super saw chain. Compared to the previous model MS 461 this is a weight saving of 1.1 kg. This was made possible, among other things, by a newly designed motor unit with improved cylinder geometry. In addition, sprocket covers, crankcase and flywheel became lighter and more compact. Due to its smaller diameter and the lighter weight, the flywheel also reduces the resulting centrifugal forces, which facilitates the pivoting of the chain saw during operation . The MS 462 CM is equally suitable as a felling and debonding saw, according to a press release.

engine

The MS 462 CM is powered by a STIHL 2-MIX engine with 4.4 kW. Due to the new cylinder geometry with optimized combustion chamber, it should have a particularly high torque in a wide speed range. The M-Tronic engine management system, in conjunction with the new flywheel, would ensure a deceleration-free acceleration and prevent the typical "clutch fly" on the way to the maximum speed - the chain maximum speed of 106 km / h is reached in just 0.3 seconds.

Calibration in 72 seconds

New is the calibration function of the M-Tronic. The motor saw can be adapted in just 72 seconds to different locations, for example in the high mountains: simply start, idle, full throttle, finished! The environmental factors are automatically recorded and all engine system parameters are electronically controlled so that the maximum speed is always available regardless of the location. Thanks to the memory function, the adjustments are automatically saved and taken into account the next time you start. Manual corrections on the adjusting screws can be omitted.

A new feature is the lancing strip - a practical marking on the fan housing, which facilitates directional control and machine guidance in the case of cuts. In addition, the tooth length of the claws was adapted to the radius of strong trees. The saw is said to be easier to reach into the wood during cutting and can be guided particularly safely and safely, explains Stihl .

The new HD2 air filter with radial seal has a longer service life and better filter action against fine dust than the previous models. At the same time, the filter can be cleaned particularly easily - either manually with water and resin solution or in the washing machine.

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
.... At the same time, the filter can be cleaned particularly easily - either manually with water and resin solution or in the washing machine.

Friend: hey man, wanna go out tonight..

Me: sorry, can't. Gotta put my hd2 through the washing machine.

This is going to be my favorite sell point of this saw.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Friend: hey man, wanna go out tonight..

Me: sorry, can't. Gotta put my hd2 through the washing machine.

This is going to be my favorite sell point of this saw.
You'll be saying that offen with Stihl air filtration

Last edited:

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You'll be saying that offense with Stihl air filtration
What offense should stihl air filtration be saying?
The triangle worked pretty well for Phil Jackson and the '96 Chicago bulls. Dennis Johnson and Larry Bird(the g.o.a.t.) pretty much ruled in the 80's with that little backcut/slip play they ran.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What offense should stihl air filtration be saying?
The triangle worked pretty well for Phil Jackson and the '96 Chicago bulls. Dennis Johnson and Larry Bird(the g.o.a.t.) pretty much ruled in the 80's with that little backcut/slip play they ran.
I dunno I don't watch basketball

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think husky should have released their 572xp a good 2 years ago to have a chance at being top dog for a while in the 70cc class. Meanwhile Stihl quietly designed and have actually got a saw ready to be released that even if the specs are close to being true will be a new benchmark pro saw. I'll buy any brand if the saw is good, but I think thus 462 will have husky guys making the switch. Who would'nt buy one! All damn husky had to do was make the 562xp 11cc bigger & fix some heat issues and BANG they would have owned the market for the last 2/3 years but they fumbled around for two long and now they have a big problem with this 462. It was not hard to knock off the big fat 441cm that was the size of a ninety CC saw, but they forked it up.