High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ms461 run it with no air filter cover

Nick060200

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone ever run the saw without the air filter cover ? I'm wondering if it helps anything. 20190706_134527.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And, if a branch falls on it, then what? New air filter, new carb, new carb cover, etc. Check the prices.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While we are in the filter subject. I just picked up a ms 460, it has the old filter. Used a Max flow in my last one. But was going to buy the hd2 filter the black one. What are you guys seeing as better if the two? IMO seemed better performance out of the max flow saw power wise. But the hd2 filter seemed to deal better.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If sawdust gets sucked inside the cover, where can it go? If it doesn't get stuck on the air filter it just keeps getting 'recycled' until it does.

With the cover off, I can often watch dust on the filter fall off when I shut off the power. Moving the saw around in different positions allows the dust to get dumped away from the saw. Try it and see if it works for you.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And, if a branch falls on it, then what? New air filter, new carb, new carb cover, etc. Check the prices.
i dont see how thats possible. if a branch can do all that while ur holding it, youre pribly gonna have a few of your own broken parts to worry about. and if something hits it with enough force to do everything you describe, that chickenshit air filter cover isnt gonna do anything.