High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS461 dog spikes

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
recently purchased a set of larger spikes for my 461, I opted to buy the aluminum version rather than steel....
thinking of saving a little weight as well as not having an issue with rust. Went to my dealer to get bolts & nuts to install them, he strongly suggested I not use them because they are aluminum, says the saw could easily tear them off in certain situations. I trust the info from my dealer 110% but wouldn't mind hearing other feedback from here as well.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not used aluminum dogs, but as soon as I saw the post, I thought "They wouldn't hold up the way I cut!"

I also haven't had an issue with rust on my Stihl dogs on any saw I have them on.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think the saw will break them. They may bend. I'd try them if you already have them.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
recently purchased a set of larger spikes for my 461, I opted to buy the aluminum version rather than steel....
thinking of saving a little weight as well as not having an issue with rust. Went to my dealer to get bolts & nuts to install them, he strongly suggested I not use them because they are aluminum, says the saw could easily tear them off in certain situations. I trust the info from my dealer 110% but wouldn't mind hearing other feedback from here as well.

Any update on how the aluminum spikes held up?