High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ms441 issue or not?

mutti_wilson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Buddy of mine said his saw seems to have a whirring noise on the clutch side. I couldn't hear much but I'm not used to his saw. I checked the compression and it's at 150psi, piston/cylinder look good. Crank doesn't move but being the clutch is super oily. See the picture. Is this normal on these saws? If not, where do you think it could be from?
137fac8a809e205daa5d8e9ced9dbdd1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would start first thing from cleaning the saw!

mutti_wilson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know he had it apart and replaced the clutch bearing. When he had the clutch off I doubt he lined up the oil gear arm in the clutch drum slot. Would be have slipped into place just from the drum spinning or would it have potentially spun non stop even when the chain was stopped? If it would have been held there and constantly spun that could have something to do with the excessive oil.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 036 that leaked oil down the pump shaft onto the drive cog, it ended up on the worm gear and made a sticky mess for all the sawdust to stick to.

So i’d Clean the area and worm gear/drive cog. Refit- run- and check if oil is on worm and cog.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something to do with the oil pump leaking I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mutti_wilson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a 036 that leaked oil down the pump shaft onto the drive cog, it ended up on the worm gear and made a sticky mess for all the sawdust to stick to.

So i’d Clean the area and worm gear/drive cog. Refit- run- and check if oil is on worm and cog.

Sounds good. I'll throw it back together and run it. What was the fix on your saw or did you just live with it?