High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ms362c build for the 12 saws of Christmas

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
8:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The Tillotson off my 034 I used on it has been sitting for a year dry and i know for a fact that it's been at least 23 years since it's been rebuilt cause I've owned it that long and my father in law gave it to me and he bought the saw new in 86 or so
It's hard to say how many years it's been or if it ever has been rebuilt.
E10 or leaded is all its ever ran
Are the carb kits junk now or what?

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The Tillotson carb that was on that L77 has been sitting for 15 years and the kit looked good. I rebuilt it but kept every old part I took off it. China rubber is the culprit

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Tilly's got that plastic metering plate spacer.

The ones I have are HK43 "B" but I know and "A" exists and I'm not sure what the difference is between them.

Mike found out a lot of interesting things about carbs on this model. One was that it ran the best with the Bing Carb that had a smaller Venturi on it than the Zama. We thought it was the fuel delivery circuit and that it's possible that the same high tune rpm between the carbs may have resulted in different fuel delivery at "in the cut" rpm's.

If my memory serves me right, the Venturi on the Tilly 43 and the Zama for 036 were exactly the same when I measured them. The bing 038 carb has a square edge in the Venturi that matches the 038 boot and intake port. I may be wrong about the sizing, don't quote me on that.

The Walbro 199 has a lot of potential for the 036. It appears that swapping the shafts is all that would be needed. You'd get a bigger Venturi and an accelerator pump which should work great on this Stihl model. I haven't gotten around to trying the swap myself.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I haven't changed anything in the cylinder,I changed the side outlet muffler to the other style that has the outlet in the front and tried a few different airfilters and there all to restrictive. Needs a metal screen type.

I did change the carb but that didn't change anything that I could tell.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So, you're not happy with it's performance? Or just trying for a little more?

Always try for a little more!!!
I wasn't happy with it,I've ported several of these lately and this one was missing something compared to the others and I couldn't find the problem until I noticed the other day that the ignition wasn't advancing so I changed the coil and presto it was fixed.
I changed the muffler just to see if it made a difference and I believe that it did pick up a little.

The airfilter is killing it,night and day difference without a filter.
Huge difference actually

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That runs real nice.